b16a2 or b18c...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 24 2004, 01:11 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 24 2004, 12:33 AM
ktanaka
@May 24 2004, 02:10 AM
Its retarded to bore and stroke a b16 to a b18, because you could just start out with a b18.

So, is it retarded to bore a B18 to 2.0? What about boring a B20 to 2.2? No, if that's what you got then work with it.

:werd:

it is retarded to buy a b16 and bore/stroke it to 1.8 liter. this is due to the fact that there are b18 readily available. the b18 has a higher deck, it is a bigger motor, you can't get around that unless you add a deck plate to a b16.

is it retarded to buy a b18 and bore it to b20? HELL NO because the b20 is the same size block, just a lager bore. and the sleeves are weak as shit. so you would end up sleeving it anyway, so starting with a b18 is not any more of a hassle.

and as far as going from a b20 to a 2.2, that is just a stupid comparison because you will have to deck and sleeve it, so a b20 and b18 would be the same starting platform in that sense.

as far as the original poster... i would suggest the b18c to start. all you need is pistons and rods and good tuning to get to a reliable 400whp. sleeves are overkill IMO but they are peace of mind at that level, so the money isn't totally wasted. i'm shooting for over 500hp on my stock sleeves. get a good intake manifold and a big turbo and a good exhaust manifold like lovefab or inline pro and you are there.

Back