B16a2 Or B20z2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cali707

hello every one im new to the boards, looked you guys up because im thinking of a swap, i have a 00 civic si and this guy from my town has a 99 si with a B20Z2 and a drag III turbo set up. He wants a stock motor (mine) trade+ $1000 for everything his motor is a 99 with about 35000 miles on it. what do u guys think? i dont really know much about the B20Z engines other then they come out of a CRV? are they good engines? or should i just get a turbo set up? need help fast thanx guys

i'd keep the b16. you'd be much better off buyin' a b20 shortblock and building a b20/vtec.... or turboin' the b16.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 8 2003, 03:00 AM
i'd keep the b16. you'd be much better off buyin' a b20 shortblock and building a b20/vtec.... or turboin' the b16.

I disagree. A well built B20 turbo is an awesome setup- better than a B16A2 in my opinion. The only question here is- how well is it built?

keep the B16, with your budget getting into gallons of oil and fixtures of the B20 turbo, you could have built that b16 already. something must be wrong with the B20 he's selling, never know. nough said.

Back