b16a2 power adder open to all suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm_brandon

ok i have a b16a2 in my 92 civic hb cx and i want more power. i was thinking b18 bottom end or b20. or b16 block sleeved. i want a turbo but i want it to be reliable too. i drive this car everyday so i cant afford to have it in the shop all the time. and if i swap the bottom end out what are the chances of the pistons hitting my valves or head at high rpms. and if thats an issue how high can i rev it b18 and b20 .. I NEED MORE POWER. and i just got a new credit card with a 4600 dollar limit no interest for a year.:feedback:

You will see a little more power from any one of those blocks but turbo that bitch! You won't notice a HUGE difference though. I wouldn't run them any higher than about 7600 rpm without arp rod studs.

Those blocks won't make the stock pistons hit the valves if you have stock cams but don't think about running aftermarket ones unless you upgrade to pistons with bigger valve reliefs. Eg. PR3's (b16 pistons) Which would make some decent power.

That is what I would do if I was building an ls/vtec with all stock honda parts. PR3's on ls rods with type r cams

Last edited:
getting a t04e garrett turbo tial 38 mm wg and rfl bov this sunday anf intercooler and pipe.what else might i need to run 10 psi???????

First off you will need a chipped ecu and some bigger injectors. Also a fuel pump and a tune.

Some misc items but that will give you the basics.

Just turbo the b16a2. 4600 is not going to be enough to cover all the expenses of building an ls/vtec turbo setup correctly. Just buy a turbo kit from PeakBoost and upgrade the fuel system and engine management. Have it tuned on 10psi and enjoy life.

Lots of people like to use the dsm blue top injectors because they can be had for cheap. Also RX-7 injectors are cheap and can be put in the same way.

DSM = 450cc
RX-7 =460cc

You would need to run a resistor box or 10ohm 10 watt resistors to run them though.

Back