B16A2 power q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zeppelin101

What's the best I can feasibly aim for from a B16 on an N/A tune?

I'm just working out my outlay after I've done the swap in April and want to know roughly where I'm going after that.

I'd like roughly 160-170whp or so and for that I'm sure I'm gonna need a good set of cams and a decent tune, something like stage 2 tuner cams possibly?

What other work would you recommend to aim for that sort of figure?

that is a reasonable goal. you can do that with some good cams and header.

port and polish opinions very by individual. I don't see much use in polishing a head. the chambers are that bad. a good port match on a high flow head is good, but with stage 1 or 2 cams it wont provide that much to make it worth it.

a GOOD i/h/e, cams and tune will get you there. ebay shit will not.

Increase compression some. No one mentioned that, but in addition to the other things mentioned.

Doesn't sound too bad so far

For increasing compression, a thinner head gasket obviously... is it possible to pick up pistons that will increase compression or would I have to get the head skimmed?

Increase compression some. No one mentioned that, but in addition to the other things mentioned.
i don't see much need in rebuilding a block when you can get those numbers with simple bolt ons.

simple bolt ons like cams? those really are not bolt on parts.

i guess a thiner head gasket may suffice. just thinking about overshooting a little so you hit your goal on the first attempt

well, cams are a lot easier than taking a head off and rebuilding a block.

good i/h/e and tune though will meet those numbers, no problem.

ya probably. and keep it pump gas friendly.

Back