B16A2 rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tueyjk

I just purchased a B16A2 from Import Auto Salvage, and am currently in the process of allocating a rebuild kit prior to it's arrival. Question is, where is a good place to find them? I've searched and found a few, but was wondering what you folks use to rebuild your B-motors.

Jim

Afipunk21,

Nothing in particular at the moment. The motor has <100k on it, make that 99.4k and would like to rebuild the motor for safe measure.

I'm not looking to build a ground-pounder or an all motor or forced induction monster, just a plain-jane rebuild.

Thanks,
Jim

If you want to get the head back to oe specs, take it down to a respectable machine shop, and tell them you want to reseat the valves, and while they have it apart, to R&R the valve seals. You should also have them check the deck to make sure it is within spec re. warpage limits. A quick resurfacing of the head and a hot tank, then reassamble, and you should be good to go. A machine shop will usually charge around 20 bucks a seat, plus the actual cost of the seats them selves. I had my head rebuilt this way, and it cost about 300 buck. but the head works like it's brand new.

Back