1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A2 rebuild

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by tueyjk, Nov 19, 2003.

1. tueyjk

tueyjk Junior Member

I just purchased a B16A2 from Import Auto Salvage, and am currently in the process of allocating a rebuild kit prior to it's arrival. Question is, where is a good place to find them? I've searched and found a few, but was wondering what you folks use to rebuild your B-motors.

Jim

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

What specifically needs to be rebuilt?

3. tueyjk

tueyjk Junior Member

Afipunk21,

Nothing in particular at the moment. The motor has <100k on it, make that 99.4k and would like to rebuild the motor for safe measure.

I'm not looking to build a ground-pounder or an all motor or forced induction monster, just a plain-jane rebuild.

Thanks,
    Jim

4. tueyjk

tueyjk Junior Member

5. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

If you want to get the head back to oe specs, take it down to a respectable machine shop, and tell them you want to reseat the valves, and while they have it apart, to R&R the valve seals. You should also have them check the deck to make sure it is within spec re. warpage limits. A quick resurfacing of the head and a hot tank, then reassamble, and you should be good to go. A machine shop will usually charge around 20 bucks a seat, plus the actual cost of the seats them selves. I had my head rebuilt this way, and it cost about 300 buck. but the head works like it's brand new.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted