B16A2 Spilling Oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ousi

Well, my 2000 Civic SiR got 175k km on the odometer and the engine never had any reubilt or sort of. Lately, when I did some "spirited" driving (bringing up the rpm to over 6k for a brief moment to feel the VTEC :) ), I noticed that my hood and windshield got some oily droplets on them. The droplets are a bit pale in color and mostly black, and sometimes on my left headlight too.

Anyone know what they might be?

I'm thinking of rebuilding the engine to stock spec (it got over 100k mile on it after all) and the transmission + clutch. Know of any good shop around Seattle, WA area that can do this? What would be the price estimated? I don't have time to do it myself :( Well, I'm not really interested in a swap, coz I want to keep the car stock (except suspension/brake).

Thanks in advance.

Speedfactory and Kaizenspeed are both capable of doing a build like that.

As for the leak, it sounds like something major to be spraying that far. Check around the engine for any noticeable wet spots. It should be obvious if the leak is that bad.

Well, I just found out that the car is leaking coolant. It dripped on a metal plate under the front part of the engine bay (I dunno what it's called) and then dripped onto the floor. It is black in color (those are the dirt/dust/whatever on the metal plate) but not oily. Sounds like either the cap is loose or the radiator itself is bad.

It does spill engine oil when I do bring it up to 7k rpm, and it's from the valve gasket. Well, if I refrain from rev-ing it up, it won't leak anyway.

Thanks for the help :) I'll get them (those shops) to work on my car when I move to WA.

Back