b16a2 spun rod bearing!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h1coupe

hei guys i can get a complete swap for my car for a pretty good price, there is everything in it, engine, tranny, harness, ecu, axles, shiftlinkage, everything i need i will get! but the engine has a spun bearing, the car it was in flipped and then engine ran while the car was upside down, i have two other parts motors with almost everything except the blocks so do i have to worry about something else about the motor or am i safe if i just buy new bearings, or is there anything else that can happen to the motor from running upside down(i don´t know for how long, but the motor ran but had a knock when it was stripped from the car).

A spun bearing will cause a knocking noise.

How much needs to be done depends on the damage done. Drop the oil pan, windage tray, and find out which cylinder spun the bearing.

Pull off the rod cap, and take a look at the rod journal, cap journal, and the crank. You are looking for excessive scouring.

If it doesn't look that bad, you can simply have the rod/cap/crank turned at a machine shop, and use slightly thicker bearings.

If it does look bad, you will probably need to replace what ever is severally damaged.

fuck that block. get the full swap, and build a b20, and part out the rest of the old block.

Yeah I would watch useing that block with out a full inspection. Even after that I would still have it honed if not bored as well. The block needs to be totaly taken apart and cleaned I am sure there are metal shaveings in evey passage way.
Fliped over that sucks!

i wish i could find a b20 over here for cheap cause i have 2 b16heads lying in my basement and a p30 ecu and a distributor and all the stuff i need for a ls/vtec but those motors the b18 and b20 are not common over here the b18 i know of only 1 like that in the whole country and there are a lot of b20 but i haven´t still found a crv that has been wrecked badly enough so that the motor is sold seperately.
but thanks for the help guys and i will surely get a b20 if i find one:)

Back