B16A2 Stock Internals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

davidbr

What boost/whp is good for a daily driven car?
I just wanna know what whp the Stock Internals "normally" hold, daily driven.
What Turbo would be best for it and what Boost?
FMU etc. is no Problem, Hondata or a cheaper solution will be there.
Hope anyone can help.
BTW: It will be running on 98 Octane Pump Gas. :D

search some first and as for the what turbo. You are going to get alot of responces of what size to get so i suggest you tell us what your plans are. (in other words do you want to run 13's or 14's) 13's is the lowest your probably going to get on stock internals.(maybe 12's) HP cannot be determined by just telling you. There is to many kits running to many fuel systems. and hondata is the best way to go.

Its not gonna be hondata, i found out that a very good free programmable ecu comes with every honda ;)

Im looking into running something like 250whp, tell me if thats too much for a daily driver. So, what turbo would make good power up to 8000rpm on a stock b16a2 and has best response possible? Im looking in driving on race tracks and auto x, with semi slicks, with lowered boost.
What boost controller would you suggest?

ok i going to suggest a t3/t4 turbo set at about 8 or 9 psi just for safety reasons being that it is stock internals i dont know if this will give you 250 hp but it will probably get you in the high 13 low 14 depending on driver.

also on the boost controller i would suggest the HKS only cause a friend has it will a gsr turbo running 11's with HONDATA

oh yea what are you talking aobut with the whole ecu thing???

a boost controller can only UP your boost level. the wastegate spring is the lowest possible setting your system will run at.

Youre right B, but i can get a 6psi spring or whatever.

The thing with the ecu is, that you can modify a honda ecu (hondata isnt anything else).
With good knowledge of assembler and general knowledge about microchips, its not that big problem. Theres still room in the eprom, so you can make the tables bigger, for boost.

Everybody knows about that possibilites, but no one uses them.
But i dont saw that any of those really make bigger table for fuel etc.
They just devide the lambda value by 2 or something and use the original table, thats not as acurate as you could make it.
I dont see any disadvance that this system gives you vs. hondata.

Back