b16a2 swap, half of del sol cluster not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

diko

i recently inherited a del sol with a b16a2 swap. great motor and the car runs great. unfortunately the cluster doesnt work completely. the speedo and tach do not work, only speedo lights up when lights turned on. CEL light does not come on, and cruise control does not work. i took the cluster and placed it in another del sol and everything works when swapped. im afraid to get into an electical tracing nightmare. where do i start? if i can get the tach and speedo working, the rest is trivial... someone please help or point me in the right direction. TIA

Vehicle Speed Sensor(or related wiring). That will most likely be the cause of the speedo and cruise problems.
Tachometer problem could be slightly trickier. It gets it's signal from the distributor.
CEL not lighting up. Check the bulb first. Hopefully that's it. Could be the ecm.

werd to the vss. common problem. the tach is also common but its usually a distributor problem.

Back