b16a2 swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i swapped a 00 b16 into my 93 civic ex. i tryed to use the hoses from my stock radiator. they are to small. I heard i use hoses from a del sol? Any help would be appreciated.

yep, the Del sol VTEC uses a civic radiator (actually a dual core, but same size inlets) and it has the b-series inlets on the block, so they get smaller as they go from block to radiator. I used the GSR hoses (which are not really the right hoses) and they leaked a little bit, but they were ok for a tempery thing. Finally when I got my GSR radiator in there, they worked fine.

With the SI, it uses a full size radiator (basicly the integra style) and on the full size raditors, the inlets are bigger.

:huh: The si uses a civic sized radiator just larger inlet and outlet. its not full sized like the integra.

i used si hoses without a problem, and i've got a 99 civic radiator....

:shrug2:

i tryed 97 dohc vtec hoses out of del sol and they did not wrk. I have my stock 93 ex radiator. I went and got 94 gsr hoses and they wrk perfect. . just had to crank on the clamps.

From the Del Sol DOHC Vtec... I think it was 94-96. Could be wrong though. Has to be DOHC....

Back