1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a2 swap into 97 civic ex help NEEDED.

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ilikevtec, Feb 4, 2011.

1. ilikevtec

ilikevtec New Member

I found this site the other day and looks good. I am a rookie at all of this stuff. I know that I have the stock d16y8 in my car. I bought a b16a2 engine with the tranny. The guy I bought it from is a close friend and said it is the complete swap. I need help with steps on putting it in and wiring everything up. Taking out the d16 shouldn't be hard. If somebody could just give me some help on steps I need to do to put the engine and tranny in so there is vtec and it runs it would be great! Thanks.

2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

You will just need the rear T-bracket, driver side mount, both torque mounts for the front, Axles from the b16, shift linkage from a b-series, ecu for the b16. Vtec will plug right up..

3. ilikevtec

ilikevtec New Member

Wow thanks for replying so fast! Great thanks, and what about ecu stuff? What is that?

4. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

You will need the P2T ecu but it is for the obd2b you have a obd2a plug I think there is a conversion harness to change it..

5. ilikevtec

ilikevtec New Member

Sweet thanks again. And after I take out the d16 i just pretty much bolt on the b16 and plug everything back up?

6. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

As long as you have the b16 mounts, then yes it just bolts right in..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted