b16a2 swap into civic vx problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blueturbospyder

Hows it goin everyone? I'm not very familiar with Hondas but I'm trying to help out a friend with a b16a2 swap into his 94 civic vx hatch. Basically the scenero plays out like this. We've already completed the engine swap as far as bolting it into the car. The problem is that his car has no injector pulse and I'm almost certain that it has something to do with his choice of keeping his vx wiring harness instead of swaping one out of an obd1 integra gsr. We have his p06, p72, and a p75 ecu available to us. Can someone give me some input on how we can set his car up to run his b16a2 engine with a vx wiring harness and one of the ecus we have available to us? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx.

the vx harness will work you just need to wire in a knock sensor plug. other than that you need to do some wiring on the dizzy. use the p72. and there is a vtec wire guide in the tutorials or tech section. you need to splice a few wires at the ecu but other than that its fairly easy. if you already have an obd1 engine its easy. if you have obd2 then thats a whole different story. but do some research. trust me all your questions have been answered before.

Back