b16a2 swap into eg, wire harness, ecu, and obd Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, im swapping a b16a2 from a 99-00 civic into my eg. I want to be running obd1, and this engine is coming with a cut harness. Now can i just use my z6 harness, and run this obd1? Is it that simple, or do i have to add extra wires to make it run right. I know this is an obd2 engine, but is there anything that just wont plug in, that i will need to re-wire using the cut harness plugs?

Thanks.

yup.

use your harness.

get a p30 ecu if you can

and you will need to swap the plugs for the injectors, alternator, and distributor. its a cut and paste deal--- so hope that your cut harnes from the si comes with at least the motor end of the harness with those plugged in to it.

you also might have to add the vtec, knock, etc if your EG isn't set up for vtec yet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 1 2005, 04:08 PM
yup.

use your harness.

get a p30 ecu if you can

and you will need to swap the plugs for the injectors, alternator, and distributor. its a cut and paste deal--- so hope that your cut harnes from the si comes with at least the motor end of the harness with those plugged in to it.

you also might have to add the vtec, knock, etc if your EG isn't set up for vtec yet.
[post=454646]Quoted post[/post]​

Can i uber a p30 as easy as a p28? BTW. i already set up my car for the vtec.

Originally posted by 5speed4life+Feb 1 2005, 06:16 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 1 2005, 04:08 PM
yup.

use your harness.

get a p30 ecu if you can

[post=454646]Quoted post[/post]​

Can i uber a p30 as easy as a p28? BTW. i already set up my car for the vtec.
[post=454711]Quoted post[/post]​

Uber as in use Uberdata? Yes, although the P30 has a knock sensor and the P28 does not. This could be disabled in the ROM though.

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Feb 2 2005, 01:19 AM
so why would i want to use the p30 over the p28? Just curious
[post=454937]Quoted post[/post]​

you wouldn't really, but you didn't mention in your post that you planned on chipping the ecu ;) chipped p28 will be fine, just doesn't have the ks.

take the connector for the evap off the b16 harness, youll need it! im still trying to find one haha

like home boy pissedoffsol said, youll change all that stuff, i didnt change the plugs for injectors, i was handed obd 1 GSR injectors with my b16, so i went that route with it, but if you got the harness with the plugs, it would save ya cash to listen to pissed off sol. i geuss it would be worth mentioning that the alternator has to be a B series obd 1 alty, off a teggy or gsr. d series obd 1 wont work, but you might have already known that!

i didnt have any connector probelms, except for i got one sensor on the back o the block i still havent found out what its for, but my z6 harness doesnt have a plug for it. oh well. and i didnt plug in my knock sensor.

when it comes to extending your shift linkage, pm me and ill send ya pics of a cool way to do it, i made mine adjustable! hehe, kinda took it over board, but it takes away from the guessing with the cut and weld route! but shhh its a secret! :D

Back