b16a2 swap on a 00 EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im helping my friend do a swap on his 00 ex civic. we just got the engine in (b16a2) yesterday and its ready to go in. it came with a wiring harness that of course plugs into the engine but wont plug into the actual car. we were thinking of using the stock wiring harness and then splicing what we need to splice and work with the new harness. but of course that would be time consuming and a pain. is there any kind of specific adaptor kit for 96-00 civic to b16a2 harness adaptors. he already has the obd2 to obd1a wiring harness. this engine came out of a '92 japan car. any help would be very great and i would appreciate it seeing we want the car on the road by friday evening.

first and foremost...if that harness is from a '92...it wont fit your car. the best thing to do is use your harness. plug it onto your motor, and then see what wires you need to extend. it should only be your VTEC silenoid plug, IACV plug, and i believe thats it. but make sure you plug it in and check first. when you extend the wires, solder and shrink wrap, DONT CUT AND SPLICE! let me know if you need anymore help

how many times do i have to tell you dude, you do not have to extend your iacv wire. the only wires you have to extend are vtec solenoid, vtec pressure sensor, and the pre-cat o2 sensor.

also, since your motor is an obd1, you're gonna have a 3-wire plug left over right by the alternator. it's for the crank angle sensor...obd2 motors have it, obd1 motors don't. just get a jumper and a p30 and it'll fix the CEL that you're gonna throw.

ok, so use the stock b16a2 harness and plug that all into the engine. then how am i going to connect that harness into the actuall 00 honda car. should i cut the pig tails off the harness coming from the cars ecu and solder them? im glad u told me that, i was going to use the stock wiring harness from the 00 civic. and for civicious, would a p28 be better than using a p30?

no, dude.....you're supposed to use the stock harness that's in your civic.

and no, a p28 wouldnt be better than a p30.

i gotcha, but my stock harness doesnt fir into the b16 engine itself. thats what my main question is. how do i get that harness to work.

whats wrong with using a p28. you can program to whatever you want. and sorry if you think you know everything civicious.you dont. p28 or p30. either one have it chipped. DAMN CIVICIOUS 15.1 ET... :roll: :lol: :sleep:

umm...and my timeslip has what to do with this?

unless youre gonna use something like hondata, or pay $200 or so to get it actually reprogrammed and tuned, a p28 is useless. sure, you can use a $15 generic chip, but those suck. seriously. read pills's article on generic chips.

a p30 is meant for a b16, which means no chipping is needed.

i never said i know everything...you just dont know shit.

so u what does u 2 arguing have anything to do with helping me... no offense. i really want to help him get his car on the road tomorrow. we have everything taken care of but this problem. can someone please help... thankyou

um....

i jus told you....

take the stock harness off your motor, plug it into the b16, put it in your car. its that simple. it plugs into the b16....

well see thats what im saying man, my stock harness doesnt plug into the b16! i dont know why and we've never ran into this before.

your stock harness will plug in...change the plug on the alternator, it will work...even if the wire colors dont match up....as for civicious, just keep pretending you know shit. and thats exactly what you know, SHIT! just because you dont like something doesnt mean everyone else has to be like you. every car is different, even if its the same year/model, its still different. you just gotta use whats best with yours. civicious...just go away...you aint shit, man

:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

im dead serious, it is not plugging in, the injectors, the distributor, almost everything. i have had 3 friends try it. i know on a 00 dx it will work but not for this. can someone who knows anything about these kind of swaps please help me.

your motor is obd1 your car is obd 2. you need to stay obd2 for your car so you use your car's engine harness and an obd2 ecu or you can use an obd2 - obd 1 conversion harness from your cars harness to use an obd1 ecu. the distributor and the injector plugs are obd1 and your harness is obd 2 there was a slight difference in the plugs from 1 to 2. for the injectors cut the injector plugs off of your b16a harness and wire them into your cars harness. just cut off the old and put on the new. the distributor is the same way your obd1 dist. has 2 plugs but the obd 2 harness has one. just swap the plugs they are all the same wires just two went to a different plug. if you look at them you should understand. same with the alternator. this does work. you have everthing you need you should be able to get it running any other questions just ask.

finally someone who has some knowledge on this application, i appreciate it. i was kinda weary about soddering pigtails from the b16 harness thats why i wanted to ask people who have done it before. i appreciate the help. 2 people gave me the wrong info, teaches me who to believe on any other questions i may have.

Back