b16a2 swap troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rstutler

:ph34r:Hey all! First post!

So, after doing extended research on dropping a b16a2 into my 4-door 95 civic, I have almost completed my beautiful swap. I have run into several issues that I've handled fairly well. But one thing is completely blowing my mind, and there are no topics on any forums I can find that relate to this issue.

I have a b16a2 with everything I need, Integra wiring harness for OBD2 --> OBD1 (surprised at how easy it was), shift linkages, axles, etc.

So whats the problem you ask? Well, for starters... My friend tries to pull off a heater hose with pliers (too small for b16), crushed my heater hose flange :mad:(? for lack of a better word), we tried bending it back into shape and reattaching the new hose... it leaks now, so we bypassed it... boo...no heat for a while i guess. is there a way to replace this or do I have to buy a whole new heater?

We dropped the motor in, I'm as excited as a new puppy, hook everything up, and decide to start it for the first time. I turned the key to on, and tried to start the engine. Everything seemed to be working in order, except for the fact that it wouldnt start. It would crank but it wouldn't fire up. Then we smelled fuel. I almost cried. It seems my 95 fuel line (connects charcoal canister to fuel rail stud) doesn't work on the b16 fuel rail, which totally baffles me.

Everyone everywhere on every forum said this would be a straight swap, only needing an integra harness and axles etc. Not one person said anything about changing the fuel line!!! I am so confused as to why this doesn't work, we tried taking the old fuel rail stud off my d15b to match it up to the hole in the fuel line, but we noticed the stud has different size threads. The b16 stud has no holes in the side while the d15 has 2 holes.

I was told to get an SI fuel line but, besides getting one, is there something I am doing wrong? And can anyone explain to me what that big plastic piece on the end of the fuel rail stud is and how it works? It just doesn't look like it connects to anything. If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try to get some pictures.

Also, not pertinent, but does anyone know what the extra connector on the integra wiring harness is? It's the one smaller connector that is with the 3 shock tower connectors. I'd just like to know.

Sorry for all the questions... been searching the internet for 3 hours trying to get answers. I'm sleepy, irritable, and disappointed. haha. Thanks for any response, just help me get this car running!

o.k to start,the "stud" on the fuel rail is exactly the same on all rails,check the aluminum crush washers and mke sure theres one on top an bottom of the fuel line,sometimes they are copper and too thin to seal properly,if you are missing them,go to your local Honda dealer and get the correct ons for the B16 fuel rail,the plastic piece on the end should be a cover,which hides a screw,the CAP if you will has a diaphram inside called a pulsator,since honda doesnt put one in the tank like gm an dodge.Make absolutely sure not to bothr with that set screw,you havent gotten to a serious race car so the effort would be wasted.reply back and let me know

Interesting, there is no screw under the plastic cover. It's just a hole leading into the fuel rail. I'm going to go take pictures to help figure this out.

Back