B16A2 swap wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrXclusivE

Hello, I'm new to this forum but here to stay!

Planning to swap a b16a2 into a d16y7 (98 dx), I'm getting the ecu with the motor. Here's how I'm thinking the wiring should be done:

cut my y7 harness before the ecu plug > reconnect all wires + wiring for the vtec (which i'll have to run myself) to the si harness > plug into si ecu

You guys think I have it figured out?

thanks in advance!

ps. Are there any faq or write-ups on this swap? I ran a search but no luck.

wtf? why dont you just get the si harness and just run the vtec wires instead of cutting every wire to the ecu :confused:

Or just run the wires for the vtec subharness to right pins in the ECU plugs. There is no reason to cut all the wires, all that is going to do is be a huge pain in the ass, then youll be wondering why you have 1432 CELs.

Or just run the wires for the vtec subharness to right pins in the ECU plugs. There is no reason to cut all the wires, all that is going to do is be a huge pain in the ass, then youll be wondering why you have 1432 CELs.

but my ecu is a non-vtec. is the plug going to have the required pins for vtec? is it going to plug right into the obd2b ecu I'm getting with the swap? or I'll need an obd2a to obd2b conversion harness from bomslang here:

OBD2 to OBD2 Conversion Harnesses

thanks for the help guys!

yes itll have the pins on the plug there just wont be any wire going to it. all you have to do is run the wires from the vtec solenoid and the pressure switch to the right pins on the ecu

ok thanks! one last thing to clarify I promise! is my harness going to plug right into the obd2b ecu or I'm going to need the conversion harness (2a to 2b) posted above ^

thanks

that im not too sure about but somebody will chime in im sure. but if you do end up gettin one get it from rywire.com its cheaper

Back