b16a2 times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey just wondering if everyone w/ a b16a2 can post times and mods ---i spun a rod bearing i my d16y8 last week and i am getting one of these motors and i am just curious to know how well they perform ,a buddy of mine has a 00 si and he is running 16.6's ---i just thought they would be faster than that---Iwould love to know what they run right after a swap w/ no mods as well ----thanks alot!!!!

i hit 14.6 in a del slow with a b16 sir II but it was lightly modded.

what is your elevation? a 00 Si runnin that slow = bad driver or high elevation

I had a 00 Civic Si for a bit. I ran @ about 500 above sea level. After some practice I got my 1/4 time down to 15.4. The car was completely stock (still had original rims and tires) with full interior.

There's some idea for ya

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Dec 2 2003, 08:23 AM
I had a 00 Civic Si for a bit. I ran @ about 500 above sea level. After some practice I got my 1/4 time down to 15.4. The car was completely stock (still had original rims and tires) with full interior.

There's some idea for ya

Thats pretty damn good for a stock SI. If i was that guy, i would be happy.

yeah id be happy with that time after my swap ;) ,I have to wait till feb. till i can get the money ---(tax return)---dont just have 3 grand layin around!!!!!

hit 14.6 in a del slow with a b16 sir II but it was lightly modded.

what is your elevation? a 00 Si runnin that slow = bad driver or high elevation

im not sure what my elevation is here-it must be high if my buddy is running 16's and he can drive pretty decent too!
i live in dallas tx

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Dec 4 2003, 01:51 PM-->
projectxspeed
@Dec 2 2003, 08:23 AM
I had a 00 Civic Si for a bit.  I ran @ about 500 above sea level.  After some practice I got my 1/4 time down to 15.4.  The car was completely stock (still had original rims and tires) with full interior.

There's some idea for ya

Thats pretty damn good for a stock SI. If i was that guy, i would be happy.

:werd: i'd be happy w/ that too

i don't think dallas, texas has a high elevation.

but a b16a in a civic hatch should roughly be a 15.0 @ 91 (estimated***)
the stock si runs a 15.8 in the quarter. so it all depends on the elevation, weight of the vehicle, and driving skill.

hope you have fun with the b16a2 once you get it. i'm looking to get one into my 93 hatch.

i built my friends B16 SiR2 in EG6. it had JDM ITR tranny, and was mid built. Ran mid 13 on street tires.

Raised compression with different pistons or head gasket... Maybe increased flow with aftermarket manifolds... Possibly even CTR/ITR cams. These would be my guesses for the B16A running mid-13s.

But perfect driving conditions with an excellent driver will help as well.

i dunno 16s is shitty IMO, i'm hoping to hit at least low 15s with the LS swap with a ghetto ass intake (cost me 10 bucks for the filter) and a mixed up exhaust (egay cat, custom piping, egay muffler).

I ran a 15.1 at 90 at LACR with a friends 89 civic hatch with a B16a2 with intake headers exhaust and throttle body
rob_hatch_timeslip3.jpg

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 5 2003, 12:25 PM
i don't think dallas, texas has a high elevation.

but a b16a in a civic hatch should roughly be a 15.0 @ 91 (estimated***)
the stock si runs a 15.8 in the quarter. so it all depends on the elevation, weight of the vehicle, and driving skill.

hope you have fun with the b16a2 once you get it. i'm looking to get one into my 93 hatch.

Dallas, or the local 1/4 track in Ennis is around 800 or so above sea level. It is higher then San Antonio's RiverCity Raceway. People usually run .2-.4 slower at Ennis then RCR.

man... i need to get out of the hills of PA. that H22a Civic EX would have seen like a 13.8 rather than the 14.3 at Beaver Springs Dragway.

Originally posted by B18C_NA@Dec 5 2003, 09:16 PM
i built my friends B16 SiR2 in EG6. it had JDM ITR tranny, and was mid built. Ran mid 13 on street tires.

Bullshit. Jason (2litreEG) and I are both running B18s with over 11:1 compression, high lift cams, and a bunch more shit and he runs 13.4 on slicks and I run 13.9 on 17" street tires. No way a mildly built B16 is hitting low 13s on street tires. unless it's gutted like a stinky fish.

Back