b16a2 times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by lowdowncivic@Dec 2 2003, 01:34 AM
hey just wondering if everyone w/ a b16a2 can post times and mods ---i spun a rod bearing i my d16y8 last week and i am getting one of these motors and i am just curious to know how well they perform ,a buddy of mine has a 00 si and he is running 16.6's ---i just thought they would be faster than that---Iwould love to know what they run right after a swap w/ no mods as well ----thanks alot!!!!

? ......

i think the best time i had in my 2000 Si was a 15.3... with a damn near empty tank, and basic bolt-ons...

as for my VTEC Sol.... haven't gotten any times on it yet... i have to replace an axle, and do a tune-up on it before i get race-happy

that was possibly a fluke, as my average times were around a 15.6

thats cool---is the jdm that much better than the usdm b16--- iknow it has 10 more horsepower but any other differences to make it worth getting

main difference, is the ten ponies... but, the jap ECU is also speed limited, whereas the US one isn't

well, the Jspec b16 from the SiR2 has higher compression and also supposed a little more agressive cam profile, that is about it.

I mean if I was to choose between the two I would get the one with higher hp

my mechanics car (EF9 w/B16A1) put a 14.6 on street tires w/ exhaust and intake.
10hp less but its also a few 100lbs less too. i'd say 15's would be a safe bet.

well with my friends 00 si with dc 4-1 header and exhaust coilovers and rota circuit 8s and i got his car done to 15.9 at LACR.

Originally posted by mjfubar@Dec 30 2003, 03:24 PM
well with my friends 00 si with dc 4-1 header and exhaust coilovers and rota circuit 8s and i got his car done to 15.9 at LACR.

DOWN to 15.9, is that what you meant to say? :blink:

You need to learn how to drive. I've "amateur" timed myself on a backroad with a stop watch and I got a 15.6 in my 00 Si. :)

Originally posted by mjfubar@Dec 30 2003, 12:24 PM

Ya I have to agree thats not very good. I would tell him to work on his driving skills. :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Dec 10 2003, 11:18 PM-->
@Dec 5 2003, 09:16 PM
i built my friends B16 SiR2 in EG6. it had JDM ITR tranny, and was mid built. Ran mid 13 on street tires.

Bullshit. Jason (2litreEG) and I are both running B18s with over 11:1 compression, high lift cams, and a bunch more shit and he runs 13.4 on slicks and I run 13.9 on 17" street tires. No way a mildly built B16 is hitting low 13s on street tires. unless it's gutted like a stinky fish.

Whatever, there's a dude on Honda-tech that ran like 13.9 with a practically stock B16A hatch. Driving skill will take you far.

well i ran 16.0@88.012 mph in my b16a3 eg on hx rims with bald ass kumhoe's. not to mention this was my first time ever at teh track so i had no idea how to launch, etc.. i know i can get mid to low 15's when i get better.

agree with you b16vx,

I ran a 13.3 with a stock SiR2 longblock, all bolt on's. At sea level.

92 DX blue EGg
94 SiR2 w S4 tranny
Blitz filter, generic CAI with heat wrapping
JDM ITR 4-1, ported and wrapped
Test Pipe
Apex WS exhaust
P28 with Skunk2 program (vtec Xcrosser @ 5700rpm ; 8500rpm rev limit)
Findanza 7.5lber
Clutchnet clutch
UR crank pulley
Slicks of course
GSR radiator with 160deg thermo

Car was gutted, CF hood, just a car, shell, motor, and dash
No AC, No PS, No BS, no carpet, just a dash, and one seat
--> 13.3@103

Same car except
SiR 1st gen Motor
DC 4-1 w/ 2.25 crap collector
testpipe, 2.5 crushbent exhaust with 5zigen fireball
12.5 lightened GSR flywheel from sohfast.com
clutchnet clutch
p72 ecu with codes
homemade CAI with weapon R filter
15" kosei rims with crap tires.
No AC/No PS still back seats and carpet and front bumpers
-->14.3@97 this was my first trip with this ride to the track also

yes it can be done, Jerome Soh hit a 13.3@103 "same time as me :) " with an
VX EG hatch
B18b longblock, GSR tranny, 12.5lb GSR flywheel, clutch, generic intake filter, header and completely gutted.

all i can say is that some people need to learn how to drive before they run their mouths :in a nice way: :)

well in the b16a1 i ran a 15.2 with a 89 hatch at 90 at LACR and a 15.9 in a 99 civic si at LACR not the best but damn its a 15.5 and a 14.7 at sealevel. just curious then whats a good time for a si then.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 30 2003, 08:09 PM-->
@Dec 30 2003, 03:24 PM

DOWN to 15.9, is that what you meant to say? :blink:

You need to learn how to drive. I've "amateur" timed myself on a backroad with a stop watch and I got a 15.6 in my 00 Si. :)

yea u amatuer timed it go to the track and time it with r/t's and a real timer. and whats done to ur si

well i got my friends 89 civic with b16a2 DOWN to 15.1 the last time out. then i wrecked it on the way to the track wednesday it sucked. i think it would of been at 15 flat. but the other day i watched a almost stock (intake only) si ran 17s at lacr it took the guy 6 runs and advice from me to get the car down to 16.7.

Back