b16a2 times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by mjfubar+Jan 12 2004, 05:31 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 30 2003, 08:09 PM
mjfubar
@Dec 30 2003, 03:24 PM
well with my friends 00 si with dc 4-1 header and exhaust coilovers and rota circuit 8s and i got his car done to 15.9 at LACR.

DOWN to 15.9, is that what you meant to say? :blink:

You need to learn how to drive. I've "amateur" timed myself on a backroad with a stop watch and I got a 15.6 in my 00 Si. :)

yea u amatuer timed it go to the track and time it with r/t's and a real timer. and whats done to ur si

Nothing is done to my Si. you dunno how to click links in signatures...do you? :blink:

aww thats cute so go to the track and get me a slip and prove it to me the and when that dick gets a new clutch ill post another slip. hey i know what a b16a2 can do in a 89 civic hb it did 15.1 mainly because that si is a fat bitch compared to it. where are u at revolution8k. i lauched that si at 7k without any wheel spin i started at 4500 where i launch the hatch and bogged got it up to 7 and just didnt want to go any higher clutch sucks but that si is known for it.

well thanks for the reply but i have recently totaled my civic and bout an integra so the b16 is out of the question but like i said thanks again

Sorry about your car, :eek:
I hit a 15 flat in my 95 dx hb,all I have is denso sparks,ngk wires,center force dual friction clutch,lithen fly wheel,no cat,and a magnaflow exhaust,short shifter,b16sir II
Is 15 flat a good time

a b16 in a hatch at sea level should not be running 15's, it should be atleast in the high 14's. if your running an ls motor you should be able to hit 14's easily and if your like most stunners with swaps you will be running 15's and 16's with a b series in a hatch.

some of you have some awful times for what you have unless your elevation is high.

for those that question my times i have run 15.3 in my old 89 si crx with just an intake and a muffler. 96 teg ls 15.2 i/h/e , 15.4 stock 00' lude.

jdm motors
i think that people are forgetting that in japan they have higher octane levels, ps doesnt equal hp so when they list a jdm motor as having 200ps its not equal to 200hp more like 197.258hp. yes they do have higher comps and more aggressive cams which is ofcourse better.

b16a sir2 170ps = 167.669hp

My friend's Hatch:
Seats taken out, except driver's seat
B16a2
ITR tranny
Hondata Ecu and link for laptop
CAI
Jun headers and flywheel
Greddy cat-back
13.3 @ pacific raceway (SIR) in kent,Wa @ sea level

14.1 at 99 in my buddies b16a2 all motor. nitto radials, aem intake, exhaust, lightened crank pulley.
edit* 95 snatchback, fewwww, i wouldve started some arguements there if i didnt edit what kinda car it was.

13's with a stock b16 longblock can be done.

shit my first EVER trip to the track with GSR rims, and street tires I pulled a best that day of 14.3@97, that was a FIRST Gen B16, 12lb flywheel, not fully gutted, DC shit header, 5zigen exhaust, CAI, and p72 ecu looking for the AIB....

with some more practice I feel for sure that I could have hit low low 14's with street tires...

what can I say,

I have a SIR Honda Civic H/B and my best time was 14.8 reation time of 0.6.
All I have is intake and exhaust.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Feb 16 2004, 08:03 PM
jdm motors
i think that people are forgetting that in japan they have higher octane levels, ps doesnt equal hp so when they list a jdm motor as having 200ps its not equal to 200hp more like 197.258hp. yes they do have higher comps and more aggressive cams which is ofcourse better.

b16a sir2 170ps = 167.669hp

Also keep in mind that Japan and North america have different standards for rating horsepower. The first and second gen B16A's are almost exactly the same engines and will put down identical numbers on a dyno. SiRII may have 10 more hp, but you wouldnt be able to tell ;) I cant. JDM engines almost always claim higher horsepower ratings than their USDM counterparts.

btw,
In the US, you guys keep saying that an Si had a B16A2....... In Canada the only civic to have a B16A2 is a 99-200* SiR. Do you guys have SiR's, or just Si's???

Back