B16a2 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

davidbr

I have a Euro-spec EG9, with a B16A2.
Since the Motor now has over 100k miles on it, i want to rebuild it and turbo it.
I want to raise the displacement, i dont know how much is possible, thats why i need help.
Okay here condition in germany: 98/99Octane gas, MUST be able to run at 100% for longer time and meet emmision laws (not as hard as in california i think)
What setup would you suggest? Is it possible to geht about 300kW (like 450whp?) at the wheels?

Don't know about the bore and all that,but you need to get a turbo kit that will meet the TUV,I think they are worse than California though.

you can get 450 whp on a stock bore b16...but are you sure you need that much power??

try 250-300 whp first then if that is not enough, then you have to start building your motor up for 400+ hp

I soon will have to replace pistons, rods etc. just because they are worn, so also hone the cylinders etc.
Why not get a bigger bore than? I will need all the parts new anyway.
The Tüv is actually a problem, but you just have to find the right controller there, or tuning shops, shouldnt be that big problem, it just have to be really good work and most controller wanna test the car theirself, shouldnt be possible to blow it up by driving fullspeed.

Back