1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a2 valve springs in a 99 ls head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Sed8ed, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Sed8ed

Sed8ed New Member

A little while back it was suggested that a good low budget setup for an ls head would be itr intake valve springs and moving the existing intake springs to the exhaust side. These combined with a mild grind on the stock cams (I prefer grinding due to the existing proven base circle and for price reasons). I have a set of b16 valve springs and retainers out of my car lying around and I was wondering if they would be an exceptable, noticable exchange for the itr springs. This setup is going back into my gf's teg since she is looking for a little more power than she has presently (combined with i/h/e and an safc and rc 310's)

I am open to thoughts and suggestions but keep in mind that we have a budget of $1000 for all and the springs, retainers, intake and rc 310's are existing

2. Sed8ed

Sed8ed New Member

Anyone?

3. SeanJohn1802

SeanJohn1802 Junior Member

b16 and b18 (Si and Type R) intake springs are the same... but the exhaust side on the Si is weak, only a single spring (or i forget what its called) as opposed to the Type R exhaust side is also dual spring . . just like the intake side. .

Retainers on both are the exact same thing, no difference what so ever. . so if your keep your stock redline, Si springs would be just fine. . . i dont think you'd even have to spend money on retainers, but im not sure about LS heads as not too many people try to supe those up at all...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted