b16a2 vs b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 8 2003, 02:32 PM
This is Bill that was at Steves BBQ with the red hatch and LS motor? If thats the case, there is a reason why his car was walking all over that B16 powered car. He was telling me he had swapped out the stock PR4 slugs for some JDM CTR pistons.

With a stock 3 layer head gasket, the B18a/b has a comp ratio of 9.2:1
With a stock 3 layer head gasket, stock head, and block, but with CTR pistons, the comp ratio is raised to 11.4:1

HUGE difference in power tuned or untuned. I assume that is why even with you in the car with a GSR tranny he was able to pull away from the other guy.

same bill .... they are regular JDM B16 pistons though not CTRs ... i think hes around 11.1:1

with P30 pistons he should be at 11.01:1, so just over 11:1 thats still pretty high and can make some serious power. Still jumping two whole points......

ok in that aspect why does the ls tranny suck so bad? I heard it has long gears which I thought would be a beneficial thing since when your opponent shifts to 3rd your still pulling ahead in second?

i used to walk around b18a's in a ef hatch with my b16a ef hatch with only itr intake manny. then again i would say that the b18a with a vtec head has more potential over a b16a.

Back