B16A2 vs B18C1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

Well ok, i've been having this debate with this kid, he makes no sense he took out the GSR motor of his 92 integra and put in a b16, i was confused. but he swears the b16 is a way better motor, he says its better when its 'built up', i think differently so can someone please put in there 2 cents. or maybe 3? lol

only good thing about the b16 is that the engine is almost perfectly square so you can with a little work, get them reving extremly high (as high as 12k) However, your still missing the trq. The best way to describe it is that the GSR is an imbread b16 with and LS. It has the trq of the LS and the HP of the b16. The b17 (what the 92 GSR had) is a great engine. It is a tad more closer to square then the normal b17, but has more displacement then the b16.

Oh well I am rambling, but the GSR is a better engine PERIOD. All motor or Turboed.

^^^ why bother even putting the b16 head on it, its the same damn vtec head with just a different CR ratio since it has wedged combustion chambers and flow design, along with the IM.

if anything, tell him to keep his GSR motor, put on the skunk2 intake manny and get an ITR tranny.

Back