B16a2 wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TEMPUS24

Hi i have swap a B16A2 in the place of a D16Y7 in a civic coupe 96-98 and i can't start it with the B16A2 ecu(P2T) but when i put the ecu from the D16A2 it starts but i don't have the vtec function so i whant to ask something
Is the wiring of D16Y7 under the dachboard the same as the wiring of the B16A2??becouse the wiring under the dachboard is the only thing that i have't changed
Please help me

Hey man from what ive read the P2T ecu will only work on 99-00 civics unles you perform a wiring conversion. However if you dont want to deal with it the P30 should work just fine!

Hi i have swap a B16A2 in the place of a D16Y7 in a civic coupe 96-98 and i can't start it with the B16A2 ecu(P2T) but when i put the ecu from the D16A2 it starts but i don't have the vtec function so i whant to ask something
Is the wiring of D16Y7 under the dachboard the same as the wiring of the B16A2??becouse the wiring under the dachboard is the only thing that i have't changed
Please help me

Dude D16y7 is non vtec engine, you should scrap your d16y7 harness go out and get a 1996-2000 civic ex wiring harness d16y8 and then a conversion from obd2a to obd2b connector from ryewire. depending on your engine you might have to perform a crankshaft bypass trick and wiring up your vtec and your done.

PM me because ive done this swap in a 97 civic ex and helped with a 96 dx which has the y7 i believe

Back