b16a2 wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 95 ex coupe and I am dropping a jdm b16a2.
is the only thing I need to wire up extra is the knock sensor.
the swap came with the harness but it is cut. should I just use my stock harness
and wire up knock sensor. or attempt to install and splice together new harness?

first off if it's JDM then it's just B16a not B16a2, only usdm got the number designators

yes, use the harness off your motor
I did the same swap and it was simple, plus you don't want to be splicing and soliering wires unless you absolutely have to because it promotes corosion.

the JDM harness is backwards anyway so it's no good to you execpt for extra wires

good luck, you'll enjoy it when it's done for sure

Unfortunetly, if it is an OBD IIb 99-00 ti won't plug up using your OBD I harness.

Then just use the EX harness, extend the o2 and run a knock wire to the proper pin.

But really, does it say B16A2, or just B16A?

I have a p28 and a jdm p30 ecu which ecu should i use? will my factory harness plug into the p30?

P30 will plug right in, and you want to use that one. Goto the articles tab up top, page four I believe, there is a pinout for P30/P28's

I installed a b16a into a 93 ex and I am using a p30 ecu. The pinout diagram says that the knock sensor wire is d3, but all the forum posts say to use b19 which there isn't a b19 prong on the ecu, the b clip has only 16 prongs.

Did you have any success?? can you tell me what to do?

email me back to dhondagini@hotmail.com

thanks

Back