B16A2 with B18 pistons and rod?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Walterronny

what do you think about it? ill rebuild my b16a2 soon and will boost it so i was wondering how better would be that b16 if i fit gsr pistons and rods in ? i have gsr cams already..i think if i fit those pistons and rods into b16 i will get a very low compression? i would like to get a 1.8 engine but with oem stuff..

you can't put gsr rods and pistons into a b16 block they'd stick out above the deck by something like 4mm

you can put gsr pistons on to b16 rods that'll drop your compression to 9.09 :1 which would be nice

if you want a 1.8l with oem parts buy a 1.8l block. you can't achieve 1.8l from a 1.6l with oem parts, you can however bore it out to about 86mm and get close to 1.8l (1798.6cc) but you can't use the gsr pistons nor any other oem piston, and you'd have to sleeve the block. an 87mm bore (which is the limit to boring honda's i might add) would put you into the 1.8l range (1840.67)

with the boring and new pistons to fit in the block that'd cost you more then just buying a 1.8l block to boost, i'd say just boost the b16 with or without the gsr pistons it'll still make good power even if its not 1.8l

i c.. thx , ill keep 1.6 and will rebuild and boost it.. im sure that ill get alot of power with setup that im looking.

Thank you

Back