B16A2 with Integra Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carbon

Hey, gonna have to bare with me because im new to these forums.. was speaking to a friend about this and the previous owner was planning to do this, putting a 1.8 Integra head on the B16A2 engine?

What would be the cost of getting the head, etc and any other parts needed, any examples of ones done before? & feel free to correct me where im wrong : )

Cheers

not worth doing....

are you sure you dont mean using your b16a head on a b18a/b block? that could actually do something for you. its called ls/vtec.....

otherwise a good cheap upgrade for your b16a would be to swap in some gsr integra (b18c1) cams.

if you use the search you will find a lot of answers.....

if you mill the head use one layer of your new head gasket and find the right timing belt youll have an ok engine for real cheap.

much like a DOHC zc; throw a 404 cam at it along with a DIY P&P and youll be ok i guess.

its worth trying > if you dont spend any money other than machining and a good set of used cams.

btw if you have a runing b16 engine. dont do it.

i would only build this combination if i had parts laying around. its not an upgrade by any means.

well, with the GSR head it'll bump the compression up a little.. so thats a plus, only if you get it tuned

btw if you have a runing b16 engine. dont do it.

i would only build this combination if i had parts laying around. its not an upgrade by any means.
Exactly.

But you need to be more specific. Integras cam with 3 different heads. B18A/B(non-VTEC), B18C1(GSR), and B18C5(Type-R). The 1st one with require a little machining to work and falls under the above statement. The 2nd will bump compression a little and is a straight bolt-on. The 3rd is the same head, sort of. It is a B16 head, with a more aggressive valve train and camshafts and mild factory porting. It will bolt right on too.

I wouldn't swap any of them unless something is wrong with the head you have. Any mild upgrades to the B16 head will put you right where the other ones would.

Bit of confusion when i first posted this thread, actually reposted saying all the engine spec so far but the moderator only accepted the first one without the list:

At the moment it has:

Skunk2 Cams

Skunk2 Inlet Manifold
Injen Cyborg Inlet
AEM Air Intake
Greddy Manifold
Skunk 2 Throttle Bodies

Engine was also rebuilt with few bits done to pistons/internals.

Dont know if affects what people have said, is it still not worth it? does it make any difference?

Just thought id check,

Cheers.

Back