1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A2 with Integra Head?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by carbon, Oct 3, 2008.

1. carbon

carbon New Member

Hey, gonna have to bare with me because im new to these forums.. was speaking to a friend about this and the previous owner was planning to do this, putting a 1.8 Integra head on the B16A2 engine?

What would be the cost of getting the head, etc and any other parts needed, any examples of ones done before? & feel free to correct me where im wrong : )

Cheers

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

not worth doing....

are you sure you dont mean using your b16a head on a b18a/b block? that could actually do something for you. its called ls/vtec.....

otherwise a good cheap upgrade for your b16a would be to swap in some gsr integra (b18c1) cams.

if you use the search you will find a lot of answers.....

3. formby

formby learning in progress

if you mill the head use one layer of your new head gasket and find the right timing belt youll have an ok engine for real cheap.

much like a DOHC zc; throw a 404 cam at it along with a DIY P&P and youll be ok i guess.

its worth trying > if you dont spend any money other than machining and a good set of used cams.

4. formby

btw if you have a runing b16 engine. dont do it.

i would only build this combination if i had parts laying around. its not an upgrade by any means.

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well, with the GSR head it'll bump the compression up a little.. so thats a plus, only if you get it tuned

6. formby

thinking about it honda shouldve made the b16 with a gsr head.

7. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Exactly.

But you need to be more specific. Integras cam with 3 different heads. B18A/B(non-VTEC), B18C1(GSR), and B18C5(Type-R). The 1st one with require a little machining to work and falls under the above statement. The 2nd will bump compression a little and is a straight bolt-on. The 3rd is the same head, sort of. It is a B16 head, with a more aggressive valve train and camshafts and mild factory porting. It will bolt right on too.

I wouldn't swap any of them unless something is wrong with the head you have. Any mild upgrades to the B16 head will put you right where the other ones would.

8. carbon

carbon New Member

Bit of confusion when i first posted this thread, actually reposted saying all the engine spec so far but the moderator only accepted the first one without the list:

At the moment it has:

Skunk2 Cams

Skunk2 Inlet Manifold
    Injen Cyborg Inlet
    AEM Air Intake
    Greddy Manifold
    Skunk 2 Throttle Bodies

Engine was also rebuilt with few bits done to pistons/internals.

Dont know if affects what people have said, is it still not worth it? does it make any difference?

Just thought id check,

Cheers.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted