B16a2

• Thread starter civic_SI_hatch
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C

civic_SI_hatch

how can the fuel get into my oil? what could be wrong? and how do i fix the problem? thanks in advance...

i'm not sure but i'm gonna take a crack at it.
one spark plug not firing might cause the fuel to build up in one cylinder and get mixed in with the oil.

or it could be that your piston ring isn't forming the seal it's supposed to between the piston and the cylinder wall, and some of the fuel mixture is seeping down into the oil.

seaping down into your oil sump causing it to become saturated

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Apr 29 2003, 12:37 PM
or it could be that your piston ring isn't forming the seal it's supposed to between the piston and the cylinder wall, and some of the fuel mixture is seeping down into the oil.

:werd:
it's called "blow-by". you're also losing compression and therefore losing power. there are a gazillion products that you can add to your gas/oil that is supposed to fix it... you can try those. or just get your block rehoned and get some new rings.

check your fuel pressure to specs. Excessive fuel pressure (in other words, an overly rich mixture) will cause fuel to wash down the cyclinder walls. Not good. Get a compression check done. Read your spark plugs. KISS.
btw how are you sure you have gas in your oil?
Jes

Back