B16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

davidbr

Okay... another idea of mine.
I have a complete stock B16A2, i wanna go boost and built the motor later.
What boost setup is possible without building the motor.
What could i get out of the engine with cams, ecu (hondata?) and turbo without blowing it up in a daily driver?

Sorry if im asking too many dumb questions :ph34r:

Your boost options are either turbo or supercharger, do the research and pick which setup if best for you. On my B16A2, I have the Greddy kit (Greddy calls the turbo a TD05-H 18g), running 10 psi. My motor is built with forged rods and pistons and a blockguard.

What could i get out of the engine with cams, ecu (hondata?) and turbo without blowing it up in a daily driver?

It depends on the tuning. You mentioned Hondata, and if you're very well tuned, you can get a lot of power out of the engine. Cams, in my opinion, are not really worth it with your setup. You're basically paying a lot of money to marginally improve flow on a head that flows a lot of air already.

The thing is, why do you want to build the motor later? Again, you mentioned Hondata, so obviously money is not a big issue here. I think, and most people here would agree, that you should build your motor first if you're looking for some good power.

Oh, another thing, your questions are not very specific. Usually someone will get pissed off if you ask questions that are too general.

Good luck with everything.

Im not very specific because im really unsure whats really the best for me.
Money is not that big issue, i can spend pretty much, but i dont want to spend all my money.
Ok to be more specific i need a car that i can drive daily to work/school and for some other stuff at the weekends. :ph34r:
Should win again modified Golf VR6 and Polo G40's (G40's are pretty bad, 1400lbs, 250hp).
So 250-300whp would be my goal.
What should i do with lets say... 5 grand?
I wanna do all the work myself, with help of some mechanicans i know.

btw: How about the emission laws in america? hows it measured and what? Here the co2 contents of the exhaust are measured and i think my car can have 0,8g co2 per kilometer

Back