B16A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supaCOUPE

I just bought a 1992 VX hatch, and I also got a good deal on a 99 SI B16A2, with like 30k miles on it. I was wondering, what will be my main problem areas? I am thinking the wiring will be the most difficult? what do you all think?

did you get the a2 tranny and ECU too? I think I remember someone saying if you had the ECU you shouldn't really need to change the obd.

but what the hell do I know?

run the vx harness, and use an obd1 p30 , or chipped p28 ecu.
then, the only wiring you really need to do is to convert the 5-wire to a 4-wire o2 sensor and the vtec/knock wires.

or, spend a litte more cash, and pick up a del sol vtec engine harness, swap the plugs from the dizzy, alt, and injectors onto the sol harness form the 99 si harness and not have to worry about vtec plugs.

it's really not a hard swap.

did you get the a2 tranny and ECU too?

yeah, i got the complete motor!

then, the only wiring you really need to do is to convert the 5-wire to a 4-wire o2 sensor and the vtec/knock wires.

cool! i think i will go this route, since I am in Germany, and p30's are in abundance over here...

thanks, i was really worried about the swap, but i feel alot better now!

Originally posted by supaCOUPE@Feb 5 2004, 05:59 PM
did you get the a2 tranny and ECU too?

yeah, i got the complete motor!

cool! i think i will go this route, since I am in Germany, and p30's are in abundance over here...

thanks, i was really worried about the swap, but i feel alot better now!

Hey man, if you want to roll out to that yard with me, ol' boy can probably hook you up with a P30, and maybe the other OBDI parts it make it real easy. Let me know.

Originally posted by supaCOUPE@Feb 6 2004, 10:03 AM
this is what i need to do right?

faq

That's one way, but the easier way would be to repin it in the shock tower connections.

Originally posted by supaCOUPE@Feb 6 2004, 11:29 AM
dude, it sucks that you are leavin! i could use your help!!!!!

You're in Schweinfert right? Do you know Ian or Miles? They could help out.

Originally posted by supaCOUPE@Feb 6 2004, 03:30 PM
nope, i am in k-town...

Damn, that's right, hmmm... load up your motor in your hatch and come down this week :)

if u guys go to the yard, how much do u think both interior and enigine harness will add up to??? i need for my 95 hatch, my is cutted up all over the place. it will be easy if its a not a vx one but ill take what i can get. if its about 50 ill take it. let me know , thanks

any of you guys in germany should come down to k-town this summer... we have alot planned! hopefully my set up will be up and running!

Back