b16a3 in eh/eg civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Primob16a3

Hey, what's up? I'm swapping a b16a3 into a EH and could use some help. I figured that fell into the EG category. So i have motor, trans, shift linkage and ecu w/wire harness. I know i still need a header and axles. I guess my questions are which ones? I did use the search and found multiple answers. Can someone narrow it down?

1. Axles? - integra 94+ or will delsol axles fit?
2.Header - I know i need a b16 header due to o2 sensor location. will my cat still fit?

Thanks everyone. It will be much appreciated

Cat will come up short....at least thats what happened in my 92 Si with the B18B and when I put the B16A in.....it lined right up where the B18B connected. That was with a DC CARB legal header that's the same length as a stock manifold. Its not too hard if you have a welder and a way to cut the exhaust or cat to extend it (would also need a piece to slip in as an extension). Tack it on the car.....weld the rest of it on a bench (I'm not confident enough to weld it on the car and have no leaks)

Thanks egb19c. Any places you recommend?

CAFROG- i don't have a welder. Probably take it to my friend koko. I don't have a manifold or anything. Any places you recommend on acquiring one? Did you get any power out of the dc header?

Thanks again. I have been searching, just not coming up with much.

hey thanks dateg513. I guess what i was asking was for a trusted source. Seems like everyone and the neighbor cat has a header or brand new clutch for sale. Just trying to find one that works. Thanks again.

If you are not in California, I would not run the DC header. It's not a bad header per say but not the highest performing one either. DC is around $300 (for ceramic coated) and $400 for stainless.

The best header for a B16 (from my research) is a Toda header (which are expensive) but there are Toda replicas out there too (but they're hard to find). A RMF narrow replica is a very nice header too. The hytech replica header (In my opinion) is too big for the B16 (and yes I know there's a big and small tube version) Its a better header on a B18 or B20. There are guys selling the RMF narrow that swear by dyno graphs that the RMF narrow out performs the Hytech all day long and I truly feel the RMF is a better header for a B16 and isn't that expensive (plus A/C and PS clear....but you will need to take a little plastic out of the fan shroud)

Bang for the buck....a RMF Replica Header is the choice I would have made if I wasn't in California. On my B16A, I have a JDM 98+ spec ITR OEM header (man that's a lot of acronyms lol)

But all these headers (excluding the DC header) have a much longer down pipe than a stock manifold. And many come with adjustable lengths (although I am not aware of this 'adjustment's' integrity) But whatever you do....get the header you want First then you can see where it lines up with the old exhaust. No need to make multiple adjustments.

Last edited:
Thanks egb19c. Any places you recommend?

CAFROG- i don't have a welder. Probably take it to my friend koko. I don't have a manifold or anything. Any places you recommend on acquiring one? Did you get any power out of the dc header?

Thanks again. I have been searching, just not coming up with much.

Best place I've found for Hasport stuff, had great experiences with them. They have the Hasport axles for your setup if you don't want a cheap set
Hasport Axles - B Series 92-00 Civic / 93-97 Del Sol / 94-01 Integra

Word, thanks everyone. Found a header on craigslist for 60. Hopefully it works. Im trying to get the car back on the road while getting the best bang for the buck. Dont mind having spare parts around, like the header. Probably get some cheap axles for now till i get the b16 tuned to where i want it. Then i will get better products to support it.
Im also doing a auto to manual conversion while i dump this in. Headache here i come. Thanks for all the help, very much appreciated. If any of you are in socal, lmk and i'll buy you a beer.

Back