B16a3 Wiring Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I have a b16a3 from a del sol and am trying to use the wiring harness from the sol. The only problem is the wiring harness doesn't disconect at the fenders like my cx. I t goes all the way through the firewall to the fuse box and ecu. How do I use this harness with my car. Also I was told I would need new hubs because the axles are bigger. Is this true?

I maybe wrong, but it sounds like you have an OBD II motor/harness from a 96-97 delsol, that would be why it isn't the same style as you 5th gen CX.

As far as the axles go, you need to use the B16A3's axles, but no you don't need new hubs. The JDM ITR five lug has 36mm and (the prelude or accord) all the US D series and B series cars are the same though, 32mm. The B series use a halfshaft and are different lengths than the D's, that is why you have to use them.

yeah, sounds like an obd2 harness.

no biggie... just use your CX harness, add the wires for vtec, and convert from 1 to 4-wire o2

it's out of a 95. I have the car....well what's left of it. how would I go about using my stock harness? Thanks Guys!

Originally posted by dansace@Jun 2 2003, 11:14 PM
it's out of a 95. I have the car....well what's left of it. how would I go about using my stock harness? Thanks Guys!

If the wiring harness doesn't plug in at the shock tower plugs, it is not a 95. They changed in 96.

OBD-2 will still plug in at the towers its the ECU plugs that are different

The easiest way will be to just get the 2 plugs on the B16A3 wiring harness (VTEC Solenoid, and VTEC oil pressure), and run them to the ECU.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 4 2003, 05:41 AM
OBD-2 will still plug in at the towers its the ECU plugs that are different

I thought in 96+ they changed to what he described. A one piece harness.

shit thats right i was thinking 96+ integra

I might be mistaken but I've heard that 92 civics were pre wired for v-tec. Would I just need to run the wires for v-tec to the shock tower harness? Is there anywhere I can get a 95 del sol harness from besides the dealer (they want 1100.00 here). Would a 95 si harness work with the B16a3? Thanks again.

is the hasport sub harness the complete harness for under the hood or what does that do?

this is all REALLY simple.

use the cx harness, make sure distributor is obd1, plug everything in to the motor.

you will have to wire the knock sensor(add plug and wire to the ecu)

oil pressure sensor (add plug and wire to the ecu)

vtec solenoid (again, add plug and wire)

Back