B16b Civic Type R Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am worried that they cut the fenders,but chances are good that they didn't because they only have to reflect,so maybe they didn't run wires,just some 3m.I come back in June 2004.Back to Texas.

yeah after a year of active i'm gonna put in for japan, there's 2 AF bases on the big island... if so i'm gonna be a junkyard/ebay whore, not to mention be bringing back a REAL EK home and i can set my cx on fire.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 6 2003, 08:51 PM
yeah after a year of active i'm gonna put in for japan, there's 2 AF bases on the big island... if so i'm gonna be a junkyard/ebay whore, not to mention be bringing back a REAL EK home and i can set my cx on fire.

If you buy a REAL EK, good luck getting it registered in the US, exspect to pay 10k+, As for being an EBAY whore and all that, hell yes, you could find a typeR engine there for under a grand and then pay 700-1000 to ship it back home, you could make some hondaswapers real happy (exspeallily the ones named asmallsol :rolleyes: )

yeah i realize the costs of getting it registered.... i was figuring you could make it past customs with it and worry about legalization ever.... you can't tell me a real ek9 wouldn't win alot of shows, just trailer the bitch everywhere.

yes if you make it just a trailor queen and make it past coustoms, you can do that, just cant drive it on the streets. I bet that you could even do that with a skyline. (new b. disscussion) Maybe even look at some some mugen typeR's if they are just going to be trailor queens.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 09:38 PM
I bet that you could even do that with a skyline. (new b. disscussion)

don't be like that dude... nothing i hate more than to be looked upon as a idiot when i know i'm not.

if we are gonna base inteligence based post counts (rediculous)
then go to crxpower.net i'm velocitySiR
that's the forum where i normally reside, but i found this one and i was pretty impressed that it stays informative, and debates can stay heated without flame wars, that includes the use of the words 'NOOB' and 'OWN3D!'... serioulsy dude, if i say somthing dumb put me in my place, but don't play me like a tool because your post count is higher than mine at this forum.

i dont think he was calling you a n00b im pretty sure he was saying "new B disscussion" meaning new idea for B (Brian / pissedoffsol) to get a skyline over here .... hes a skyline whore... there has been about 4-5 threads about him wanting a skyline, and possible ways for him to get one over here

shit, maybe i should apologise...SORRY!! i think i was upset because i like this forum and to see one of it's mods start honda-tech'ing the shit outta me

i apologize :worthy:

and now i feel like a tool.. honest mistake though

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 6 2003, 10:20 PM
shit, maybe i should apologise...SORRY!!   i think i was upset because i like this forum and to see one of it's mods start honda-tech'ing the shit outta me

i apologize :worthy:

and now i feel like a tool..  honest mistake though

i was just confussed why you were saying dont be like that?

No hard feelings.

See you r a noob, you did not now about pissedoffsol's fetish with Skylines :) :lol: :lol: :D :p

well to pass a b16a1 in cali you'd have to see a ref. and what they tell you to do is make into a usdm motor.( it will pass smog just not inspection) i'e a del sol.. not an easy thing to do. you have to change the computer and wiring harness, tb with the sensors, intake mani, and last but not least exhaust mani. and believe me they will check everything. this goses for any motor not sold here, you will have to make into a motor that is sold here. kinda defeats the purpose of doing a swap with a jdm motor dosen't it. to be honest it's not worth it. i just head down to this guy i know in northern cali 50 bucks and i pass smog. as long as i pass smog on the machine he gives a crap about inspection.

just my 2 cents.

Jay

Back