B16B clutch ?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DaNn25

i have a B16B(type R ) in my HB civic 97 but clutch is the original(civic dx)and steal slide when i shift fast on high RPM ..........can i put acura type R clutch or gsr or better what kind of clutch is the best for my car :eek:) thx

sorry my english is too bad :roll:

how can you have a DX clutch on your b16b? It wouldn't fit. As far as clutches, screw the factory one and get a clutchmasters stage 1. I have on on my stock Z6 and it takes serious abuse, and has done so for over 30,000 miles

:concur:

ACT street strip organic clutch with either a high pressure or extreme pressure plate

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 15 2004, 02:53 AM
:concur:

ACT street strip organic clutch with either a high pressure or extreme pressure plate

:thumbsup:

I have the organic disc w/ extreme press. plate. Got 85k miles out of it. 5 years later it finally needs to be replaced. it isnt even slipping yet, just cant bark the tires going into 2nd anymore. only downside is the extremely stiff pedal.

Instead of buying a Organic disc, I would highly recomend going to a Kevlar disc. I belive Clutchnet, as well as others have one. An organic disc will have about the same life as an OEM on, where the Kevlar has a life span of alot longer.

Back