B16b goin in a 94 hatch cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

My car=94 civic hatch cx (canadian model)
My new swap=b16b complete swap from ebay

Okay, I haven't picked up the motor yet, but I will within the next couple weeks.
I need to know exactly what needs to be done to finish the swap(after old engine is out, new engine is in). Which wiring harness and ecu will I use (the ones that come with the swap?), what other parts, if any, do I need to buy, OBD issues, etc. If anyone has experience with this or with other similar projects, could you make a list of all the things that need to be done to complete the swap? I might have a mechanic do the work, in which case I need to TELL him what to do (the advise you post here is all I'll be able to tell him). But I might also do the work myself. Either way, I need to know all the steps.
This is the only time I will ask this, I promiss. So please make it as detailed as possible--it will be my only instructions! (I'll print what you write, and take it to the shop)
Whoever contributes, thanks!

Tristan

Find a USDM DC2 ITR harness, it will plug right into your shock towers, and only leave minimal wiring left to do. Then a OBD II-I conversion harness to make that easy or a OBD I P30/P28 chipped to run the CTR motor at it's specs.

no, jdm - right hand drive. the fire wall, and thus all the wiring is backwards (the ecu is on our passenger side, in jdm land it is also on the passenger side which is our driver side)

you won't find a usdm dc2 harness for cheap, thats for sure.

I say just use the cx harness, and a chipped p28.
you will need to cut/paste the injector, alternator, and distributor harneses onto your cx harness (as the obd2 plugs are different, but the wires are all there).
then you need to convert to a 4-wire 02 sensor.

thanks, pissedoffsol, for your info. So, if I understand you correctly, all I need is a chipped p28 or p30, the old harness from my CX, the injector, alternator, and distributor harneses from the b16b wire harness that will come with the swap, and then to convert to a 4 wire 02 sensor. Is that it? What about vtec wiring?

Will I need to buy anything other than a chipped p28/p30?

thanks again

Back