b16b head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My buddy is thinking of doing a b16b swap. He already has a b16a block and is thinking of just putting the b16b internals and head on the block so that it would appear smog legal in california. Now here is the big question. Are there any different makrings on the b16b head that would give away the fact that it isn't a b16a?

i dont think there is anything different about the head other than the mild PnP and the cams..... would probly cost a lot less to just get the pistons,cams and do a PnP on his B16

also the CTR block internals will not fit in the b16a block. the CTR block has a higher deck height than the b16a, so putting the CTR internals into the b16a block will put the pistons through the head. head internals will work fine though... but yeah E is right... just get the pnp on the b16a head and throw the cams in there.

hi, sorry to bother you guys, but also wanna put CTR Pistons on my obd1 b16. But wil the EK CTR pistons fit with no problem or wil I have to do some modding?

Back