1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16b in a 95ex

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by robtec, Jan 2, 2004.

1. robtec

robtec Junior Member

i found a great deal on a b16b,i am palnning on installing it on a 95 ex,it this swap basically the same as a b16a swap??or do i need to get extra stuff to make it work,thanks!

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

for the most part it is the same as a b16a, however it is an obd2 motor, so you will need to trade or sell the distributor, and injectors for the OBD1 versions.

3. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

You are going to need to convert to OBD 1. You'll need a wiring harness, ECU, distributor, and injectors from an OBD 1 motor. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's just like a B16A. The mounts may be different, though. I'm not sure on this, but the EK mounts that come on the B16B might be different. Can anyone verify this?

4. robtec

robtec Junior Member

why i can't use the wiring harness from my car??can i at least alter it to make it work??

i want to make the swap as easiest as possible,i may be getting a obd1 b18c1,since i don't want to change the wiring harnes and buy a another ecu, any sugestions???

5. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

Never mind, dude, I had a brain fart. You don't need to switch harnesses. Sorry. :(

Also, I think you'll be better off with the B18C. The torque helps, believe me. :D

6. robtec

robtec Junior Member

yes,i am getting a b18c1

also my friens just bouth one for his del sol,it is the same as droping it on a eg??since some things change in that car,like the linkage or something??

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you can just simply swap the plugs... i did this on my ITR swap and it works perfectly

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

sol swaps are the exact same as EG swaps

***EXCEPT***

on a del sol when doing a B series swap you HAVE to use the shift linkage from the del sol VTEC

9. robtec

robtec Junior Member

ok,tomorow i am giong to get a jdm gsr motor obd1,what is tthe diference betwen the usdm and the jdm gsr motor??

i believe that all the mounts are the same exept for the trany braket,it this true??

10. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

you may have to extend some of the wireing harness because on JDM cars, the ECU is on the other side of the car (driverside)

The mounts are all the same. Use this guide...
    Picture too big to post

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted