B16B long block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So after spending most of my time on a computer for the past week I think that NOBODY and I mean NOBODY sells a B16B long block only. Everyone wants to sell the whole swap but I dont need anything but the long block. Does anybody have one or know where I can find just a long block

call hmotors and ask if you can get just a b16b longblock. why not just get a b16a and add type r cams

Im on a budget. I blew my B16A2 in my 00 Civic Si and instead of spending crazy amounts of money on labor to go insde the engine and rebuild I figured I would just swap the engine. If it comes down to it Ill probably just swap it with another B16A2. Do you have any idea how much those cams are?

Quoted post[/post]]
Im on a budget. I blew my B16A2 in my 00 Civic Si and instead of spending crazy amounts of money on labor to go insde the engine and rebuild I figured I would just swap the engine. If it comes down to it Ill probably just swap it with another B16A2. Do you have any idea how much those cams are?
they actually go for about what performance cams do. they have the "because its jdm" price jack. plus if your on a budget i would say this is the perfect time to learn how to repair an engine unless your limited with time too. but ive never heard someone wanting a b16b and be on a budget. just like the b18c® its price is jacked because of a red valve cover, the type r name, and a few horsepower.

Quoted post[/post]]
if your on a buget then just replace the b16a with another one and save to get the cams. you can always paint your valve cover red. depnds on your buget but either you can find a b16 around your area or just get a b16a longblock from hmotors

As stupid as it sounds, that is kind of what is so apealing about having that engine. Just because its so rare and not too many people have them and to be able to say Yeah I have a CTR motor in my Si. Now what about the JDM B16A. The motor that I have came stock with 160hp and the JDM motor has 170 and I dont think it would be any more expensive than finding a USDM b16. I dont know all too much about this. Is the B16 from the 92-95 Si-R the same motor as my 00 Si motor only JDM? Do you think I should just replace it with what I have and find the 15 hp elsewhere. I mean I already have a turbo set up.

not really you can find them for around the same price depends on the seller. if you have turbo then just get the jdm b16 block and just save for the ctr cams. just call hmotors and see if you can get just the b16b block. to me it wouldnt mater what block I had whats maters is whats inside the block.

shoot I had a b16a3 block in my crx. and that motor came from the del sol. I was just happy to have the b16, I didnt care if it was a b16a,b16a2,b16b, or b16a3. when it comes t omoney and being on a buget I would rather have the cheaper b16 for the more expensive one. just like now I want to find a b18c for my integra, I would like to have the b18c5 but I dont want to pay the price for the typeR motor over the GSR motor, hell I dont even like the price of the b18c motors. I even thinking of putting a b16 into my interga cause of the difference in price of the b16 and the b18

Quoted post[/post]]
so just get the JDM 92-95 SiR B16 and that will fit directly into my 00 Civic Si with my tranny and axles and everything?
yep.

a buddy of mine blew is b16 in his 00 si and was on a budget so he got the b16a (sir 1) longblock, he had to change some sensors over but it bolted up the same

Back