B16b Or B18c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tek-C

have a question about an engine swap i wanna do. I'm getting a good deal on both the b16b and the b18c5, just wanted to know what would be better and why as far as wanting to turbo?

thanks!

Not necessarily, torque isn't a must in a 2000 lb CRX. But OBD2-0 would be a fun little project. I digress, go with the B18C5 over B16B.

beat me too it. the b18c5. the torque difference is a big deal. unless for some stupid reason, you just have to have/want the b16b because of is rarity

:werd:
if you have the choice between two rather equal engines but one has greater displacement, always go for more displacement

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 12 2003, 05:29 AM
Not necessarily, torque isn't a must in a 2000 lb CRX. But OBD2-0 would be a fun little project. I digress, go with the B18C5 over B16B.

But he is putting it in a 2504 lb EX coupe, at least according to the title. Still get the B18C5, 1.8 will help scoot you along nicely. Same OBD II, so it should be a snap to install.

guys he wants to know what motor is better for turbo. why would you by a hi comp. motor when you're going to change that. buy a gsr. it's alot cheaper and you can still boost on stock internals. that's your best way to go.

Originally posted by kickuaround@Jun 13 2003, 10:37 PM
guys he wants to know what motor is better for turbo. why would you by a hi comp. motor when you're going to change that. buy a gsr. it's alot cheaper and you can still boost on stock internals. that's your best way to go.

I did not even notice that until you pointed that out. In that case :withstupid: GSR or LS would be the way to go.

you can still boost the itr block with some good tuning, hi comp pistons will help make more power. the b18c1 and b18a/b would be good too.

Isn't the question "b16b or B18c5"??? I really don't know many people that just throw on a turbo kit and keep it at 7psi. Most end up swapping out the rods and pistons atleast so they can boost higher. I know some of you won't agree with me on this but I still like the ITR with pistons and rods with boost. IMO.

Milan

Go with the b20 fuck th 1.8 more displacement more potential horsepower.....ok screw it go with the h23 lol

Back