b16crx help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16crxb16delsol

i just picked up a crx wiht a b16 in it and the wiring is kind of hacked. lots of splicing and stuff. i think it is and si. it has a b16 in it and i ran all the vtec wires but it wont hit vtec. i let it warm up and everything. any one have any ideas on y it wouldnt hit?

tps, engine cooant temp sensor, and vtec pressure switch. i reran the temp sensor and hte vtec pressure swithc and replaced the tps. idk if the wiring is wrong or wat because it was dpfi and it was converted to mpfi

ok i fixed all the loose wires and have my ecu code down to just engine coolant temp sensor. and i know i need that for vtec to work. but i cant figure it out. i have the one wire grounded and the other ran to the ecu where it needs to go. but its still throwing the code like its not working. any ideas?

Sure it's an Si? When I did a b16 swap into my HF there was a wire going to the ECU that signaled when the car was in reverse. Whenever I put the car in reverse I would get a CEL showing code 6 and would be in limp mode (no VTEC, 7200 rpm rev limit). Just an idea, the HF has a wire for reverse, and also clutch and rear defrost I think. I pulled all of those wires out and the car has run flawlessly since.
In my experience, when the honda ECU gets power/ground on a pin it doesn't expect, it freaks out and displays code 6. Since your wiring is crappy you probably need to go through every pin on the ECU and make sure there's nothing screwy hooked up.

Back