1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16crx question

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by b16crxb16delsol, Aug 29, 2009.

1. b16crxb16delsol

b16crxb16delsol New Member

i bought a crx and the wirering is pretty hacked. it used to have a vtec controller but for some reason my buddie ripped it out so obviosuly it wouldnt hit vtec. so i reran all the vtec wires, solenoid, pressure switch, o2 sensor, and the knock sensor. but it still wont hit vtec. any ideas? thanks

2. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

any codes being thrown? what ecu are you using?

3. b16crxb16delsol

pr3 ecu. it threw a engine coolant sensor code, tps, and vtec pressure switch. i replaced tps but i think it might b the wiring becaese the previous owner converted from dpfi to mpfi and i dont know anything about that and it looks kind of hacked. but it threw the codes wehn i drove it home. sinse then ive replaced tps sensor and wired vtec and the engine coolant sensor. do the codes dissaprear off the ecu after u fix them?

4. b16crxb16delsol

ok i fixed all the loose wires and have my ecu code down to just engine coolant temp sensor. and i know i need that for vtec to work. but i cant figure it out. i have the one wire grounded and the other ran to the ecu where it needs to go. but its still throwing the code like its not working. any ideas?

5. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

you need to disconnect the battery for a min or two in order to reset the ecu and remove all codes. if after doing so the ect code still comes back then i guess you can try testing the sensor to see if its bad.

[​IMG]

6. b16crxb16delsol

does the engien temp sensor have two hots or a hot and a ground?

7. b16a2man

b16a2man New Member

this is my problem too. i really would like someone to throw us some answers. i have been working on this swap to long for this to screw me.

8. b16a2man

b16a2man New Member

bump for help or an answer

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted