b16crx question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16crxb16delsol

i bought a crx and the wirering is pretty hacked. it used to have a vtec controller but for some reason my buddie ripped it out so obviosuly it wouldnt hit vtec. so i reran all the vtec wires, solenoid, pressure switch, o2 sensor, and the knock sensor. but it still wont hit vtec. any ideas? thanks

pr3 ecu. it threw a engine coolant sensor code, tps, and vtec pressure switch. i replaced tps but i think it might b the wiring becaese the previous owner converted from dpfi to mpfi and i dont know anything about that and it looks kind of hacked. but it threw the codes wehn i drove it home. sinse then ive replaced tps sensor and wired vtec and the engine coolant sensor. do the codes dissaprear off the ecu after u fix them?

ok i fixed all the loose wires and have my ecu code down to just engine coolant temp sensor. and i know i need that for vtec to work. but i cant figure it out. i have the one wire grounded and the other ran to the ecu where it needs to go. but its still throwing the code like its not working. any ideas?

you need to disconnect the battery for a min or two in order to reset the ecu and remove all codes. if after doing so the ect code still comes back then i guess you can try testing the sensor to see if its bad.

testingectswitch.jpg

this is my problem too. i really would like someone to throw us some answers. i have been working on this swap to long for this to screw me.

Back