B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got you out fucker!!

1496744_10203161468214469_550212946_n.jpg

That's crazy how your timing went out of whack that bad. So glad it didn't tear up the head/pistons.

Reactions: B16
Latest update.

Somehow the final drive bearing failed and destroyed nearly every gear in the trans. :(

I have procured a CTR tranny at a great deal, ordered a 4.9 FD for it, found a 89-91 GSR 5th gear (shorter) and swapping in my kaaz.

Anyone want to buy a OE Type R LSD with the stock 4.4 final drive and ring gear? :p

Well Mike - it's really a good thing you just put the toy away (I remember when you were considering selling it) for a while to attend to "Fatherly" duties in life. Got things squared away nicely and back to some recreational fun.

Good job with it!

Reactions: B16
She is all back together. Found a crack in my windshield though. Took her for a spin, feels good man. :)

Windshield crack = more windshield frame flex = more road compliance = faster. :D

Looking great. Wish I was in a situation to take the Type R trans off your hands. I have a little side project that I've yet to post about and the LS trans is definitely the weak link.

Blew up the motor this weekend. :( 2nd session on Sunday coming onto the front straight, car started to miss which I thought was an ignition problem, then puff of white smoke... Pulled the plugs to find this in cyl #2:
10325138_10203606585902133_1785636643741314253_n.jpg

Looking for a new motor, anyone have a B18C they want to part with?

I'll post video later.

car is fucking cursed
Agreed..

Seriously considering a part out and getting something totally different.. who knows.. :\ Maybe just the motor was cursed? Serious bad luck with it. Maybe just throw in a completely stock R motor..

my buddy had a freshly built b18c he was selling.. let me see if he still has it.. has about 5k miles on it

i had it posted for sale for him here a little while back but he said he found a buyer... i think that fell through though

1998 JDM Integra B18c Type R engine swap
less than 5,000 miles
The bottom end has been completely redone
The whole rotating mass has been balanced prior to assembly.
Micro polished crank
new rods
pistons & rings, main bearings and rods bearings are new.
The head is fully built
ported
3 angle valve job
Supertech valve springs & retainers
Supertech valves
'98 Civic TypeR camshafts, with Toda cam gears
Transmission fully built for track
new gears and syncros
Mugen LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
This comes with shift linkage, motor mounts, drive axles, engine wire harness, cooling radiator w/fan, upper and lower coolant hoses, alternator, starter and distributor.
$4800

Back