B16's Time Trial Road Racing Del Sol Overhaul Thread!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Legal or not, if someone looses it in a corner and comes into my door, I'm going to wish I had steel doors. That extra bar might mean "not crippled."

Legal or not, if someone looses it in a corner and comes into my door, I'm going to wish I had steel doors. That extra bar might mean "not crippled."
That is what NASCAR style door bars in the cage are for. ;)

bingo

Door.jpg

haha, i found someone with CF doors. Not sure if they're legal or not.. they were like $1300..

i think for $1300 you could do some engine mods to push more power out of the car.

treadmill :) you can probably lose 20 lbs too.... lol

stupid question, but are you able to drive without the targa top on the del sol? i don't know how that works with the roll cage and all. i know that thing weighs about 40lbs.

pretty sure he already gutted it and has just the skin welded in place

stupid question, but are you able to drive without the targa top on the del sol? i don't know how that works with the roll cage and all. i know that thing weighs about 40lbs.

pretty sure he already gutted it and has just the skin welded in place
What E said.. Kinda... The skin is aluminum so it cannot be welded. I have it bolted on though. The skin alone weighs maybe 5lbs?

She's getting dyno tuned tonight. Wish me luck! Hope she doesn't fly apart at 9,000 rpm. :D

Back