1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b17 block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by civiclxb16, May 15, 2005.

1. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ok talk to me, my boy has a b17 block freshly sleeved and he wants to sell it, i was thinking about it because i want to build a block for boost. now what i was wondering what internals can i use in that block? i see the bore is 81 just like all the other b series blocks (i know not the b20) and the stroke is 81.4. now i was wondering because i am not finding much as for parts for the b17. so i was wondering can i use some parts out the b18 and the b16 to make up for it or what let me know because i want to build a good block and that one is already sleeved it is an option for me thanks guys

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

or should i just get a b18b block and go from there? do i need to sleeve the b18b block to hold 8-10 psi of boost?

also i was wondering is it possible to take a block like the b17 or if i get a b18/a/b/c can i turn it to a obd2 setup just for the sensors and stuff

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

the B17 is a factory stroked B16. essentially. you can contact eagle and have custom rods made. but im damn sure they make a set for the 92-93 GSR. which is what car the engine came form.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted