B17 into DA questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

isthisnameok4u

Picked up a real DB2 that got t-boned. I would rather save it but it's pretty bad, motor and tranny are good. Will this fit into a DA chassis strait swap or are the mounts different? When I look up replacement mounts they sell b series motor mounts for DA only and different ones for the DB2. I hope the engine bays weren't desingned differently. My DA shell is in the prcess of preping for paint so I still have some time before the swap, any info or expertice would be greatly appreciated.

The DB2 is a '92 and my DA is '93 so they are both OBD1. I'm sure the wiring and everything is plug and play just woundering on the mounts, and exhaust too now that I think of it.

ok lets think of this like the honda ef9 no one here gots a real ef they all got ed6 but they buy mounts for ef its the same concept with db2 and da
**i got a real ef9 import from japan** its right hand drive too**

It fits!

when we dropped it in the drivers side was off about an inch. We ended up stretching it from the trans side and it sits fine now. Next up is the exhaust and the stock DA system is about 4 inches short so I'm cutting the section behind the cat and using a longer piece to extend it. Even though both cars were OBD1 to start with I'm missing a main harness connector on the pass side. The GSR had three plugs on the pass side and two on the drivers side. The DA only has two on each side, so I'm going to check on that tomorrow.

Last edited:
????

Got the exhaust off the gsr and bolted it up to the clone when I noticed the smell of gas, the tank was leaking and had to swap it out too. Lovely Seattle weather has given me a week of rain and the gsr is sitting in a pool of water, so no gas tank yet. I did trace the third wiring harness connector and it doesn't even go to the ecu! 8 wires run from the engine harness all the way through the firewall and somewhere under the dash!? Guess it's not important enough to effect engine operation, I'll see if any trouble codes pop up when I get the gas tank swapped out.

wiring is FUN!

The b17 is going into my 93 GS with a DA9 chassis code.

After looking at my ECU plug in the DA I found it best to cut the whole thing out and resplice every wire with the DB2 (gsr) ECU plug. You would too if you saw the DA harness. After splicing every wire, 2 wires were attaced to the gsr plug but no where to go to the da harness. One Blu/blk wire that was for the vtec pressure switch was not on the da harness. I will have to run that one straight from the ecu to the vtec pressure sensor. The other one was a Red/blu wire for the knock sensor, non-vtec engines don't have knock sensors only the vtec engines do in these years. Again I will have to run this all the was to the knock sensor. Sigh.

Almost there......

Just when u think u got it....

Yeah that mysterious third plug off the gsr engine harness contains a Grn/blk wire for the fuel pump and a Yel/grn wire for the ignition control module. That explains the no fuel, no spark. Even though none of these wires run to the ecu it still prevents the engine from firing up, go figure. If anyone wants to attemp swapping the b17 into a DA I would recomend swapping the underdash harness to go with the engine. I could have just run a lot of wires staight to their locations and skipped the whole harness but I'm picky and everything is going to look factory. Hell I even kept A/C, P/S and crusie control. Maybe it will make some noise tomorrow, right now I need a drink!

It's alive........ALIVE!

She fired up finally! Popped a code 21 vtec solenoid and 3 map sensor. The DA has two little solenoids by the map sensor, one for press. regulator cut off valve and the gsr only had one solenoid for the map so I guess that is my problem now. I'm not sweatin the small stuff, SHE RUNS! where's the whisky? I need a drink. :D

Still throwing a code for the tps and all my turn signals stopped working. I think it must be the ground wire for the tps but when I mess with it the fuel pump wont kick on.(?) I don't want to drive it until everything is perfect but here are some pics. Just primer right now, the blue under the engine bay will be the final color.

Attachments

• 2010-06-05 14.26.04.jpg
    2010-06-05 14.26.04.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 2010-06-05 14.26.48.jpg
    2010-06-05 14.26.48.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 740
Back