B17A IN 92 vx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

i just recently but my b17 in my 92 vx hatch, and at certain times it lags real bad like my timing is messed up for a minute then it will get better and then worse, it goes off and on like that, i tried changing the knock sensor and it got a little better but still lags, a friend of mine had read an article about if the vtec oil pressure switch wasnt reading right than that could make the engine lag, but i have no clue...any ideas? and plus i havent checked for cel's yet, i know i probably have tons of them...i'll check them and get back but still, any advice or help?

what ecu are you using?
if your vtec oil pressure switch isn't seeing the right reading- it won't cause lag, it just won't switch lobes.
if your car runs fine SOME of the time, i doubt its your timing. something is triggering the ecu to go into limp mode and cut timing. this is a typical case of the knock sensor. aside fromt he sensor itself that you've replaced, have you confirmed your wriing on it?

Pull the codes, it takes less time than posting about a problem that nobody can diagnose without any info.....

i got code 21 and have fixed the problem, my vtec was not even hooked up! but it still lags off and on, and i have no more cels, but i think that i might have bought the wrong knock sensor if thats possible, someone told me they were all the same...so could this be it?

if it was the wrong knock sensor it would have givin you a code and i don't think there is a different one i think they are all the same size i could be wrong tho

i keep gettin code 21 which is the vtec spool solenoid or pressure switch or something, but my car will ride good for a while in the morning, then the check engine lite will come back on and my car will start lagging again, i still have vtec, but it just lags off and on at random times, its not quite as bad as it used to be tho, and i got another question, would the solenoid off of my vx engine fit my b17? it looks similar but idk if there is a difference, cause i think mine might be tore up.

the sensor itself should bolt on just fine...have you checked your grounding on your engine i.e.thermostat and valve cover?

another question i have is what dizzy are you running on motor? hopefully 92andup if not it has a different pulse rate and will cause all kinds of funkiness.

p61 92-93 gsr one, the distributor is the stock gsr one from the original engine...so ur saying it would bolt up fine, but would it work the same?

if you put a b17 into a 92 hatch, your hatch is hydro clutch, and the b17 with the original tranny is a cable tranny.. did you swap tranny's or how did you get past this. i have a b17a waiting for me to buy so i can put it in my 93 Sol...but im trying to find out if it is possible to have a cable tranny in a hydro clutch car... need some info on that, i know hasport makes a conversion for cable cars with hydro trannys but how about the opposite?? is it even possible?

Originally posted by DelSlo@Dec 20 2004, 01:52 PM
if you put a b17 into a 92 hatch, your hatch is hydro clutch, and the b17 with the original tranny is a cable tranny.. did you swap tranny's or how did you get past this. i have a b17a waiting for me to buy so i can put it in my 93 Sol...but im trying to find out if it is possible to have a cable tranny in a hydro clutch car... need some info on that, i know hasport makes a conversion for cable cars with hydro trannys but how about the opposite?? is it even possible?
[post=434904]Quoted post[/post]​

buy the swap...sell the cable, buy a hydrotranny...problem solved.

Back