b17a1 in a 90 Crx Dx A/T?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boy munkey

Hi Everyone, My name is Shane. I'm a newbie so any and all info is greatly appreciated. O.k, So my girl drives a 1990 Crx Dx: d15a1/L3 but wants more power. She also wants it in Automatic and A/C. I'd like to use the engine/tran from a 92-93 Integra GSR: b17a1/YS1. My first question is, :1)Did the GSR b17a1 come in Automatic trim?/If not, Can I mate the GSR engine w/an LS or GS Tranny? :2)Will I be able to retain A/C?/Compressor fit? And, :3)What kind of problems should I expect overall when I perform this swap; especially wiring/OBD 1?? Many Thanks to those who help :worthy:
Shane a.k.a. "boy munkey"
"sil8tdrifter"
Drop me a Line: shane diggity@hotmail.com

You will have the obd issue, which really isnt that hard to overcome. ou can get an obd0-obd1 conversion harness, or you could wire the engine for obd0 and use some source to activate vtec.
The gs.ls tranny will work but you will lose some power in driveline loss and the gearing won't be as great.

Originally posted by boy munkey@Aug 23 2003, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone, My name is Shane. I'm a newbie so any and all info is greatly appreciated. O.k, So my girl drives a 1990 Crx Dx: d15a1/L3 but wants more power. She also wants it in Automatic and A/C. I'd like to use the engine/tran from a 92-93 Integra GSR: b17a1/YS1. My first question is, :1)Did the GSR b17a1 come in Automatic trim?/If not, Can I mate the GSR engine w/an LS or GS Tranny? :2)Will I be able to retain A/C?/Compressor fit? And, :3)What kind of problems should I expect overall when I perform this swap; especially wiring/OBD 1?? Many Thanks to those who help :worthy:
Shane a.k.a. "boy munkey"
"sil8tdrifter"
Drop me a Line: shane diggity@hotmail.com

why dont you be more practical? did you actually find a b17 engine and tranny? if so, congrats, because i am one of the only ones i know with one. she already has an automatic crx correct? just buy the ho a zc and be done with it. She just wants more power right? minimal wiring, no mounts, cheap engine. and you can retain a/c easily. she's too picky, and no, as far as i know there is not an automatic ys1. who else would want one?

Back