B17A1 into CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lax1185

Update:

So as of 4am last night, my car is up and running :D
She has a couple problems though, I searched and didn't come up with anything. Anyone have any answers for me?

I'm throwing a code 9...Cylinder 1 Position Sensor. I pulled apart my wiring and everything seems sound. Anyone have any ideas why that would be throwing?

Also, my coolant temperature guage does not really work. I'm told that there are two coolant temp sensors on my block, and I only have one plugged in, I'm not sure how the other one goes. I'm using my stock CRX DX harness, I converted it to MPFI and OBD-1 VTEC (Had a wiring mess, but it actually wasn't too bad).

I think I'm throwing another one but that's all I can remember for now. If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 1 2005, 02:34 PM
Since money is not an issue but the 2 harness; it will make life a lot easier.
(the dpfi to mpfi and the obd0 to obd1)

Here is one option Hasport

Here is a second option Ebay

Here is a third option Google search
[post=454543]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd love the Hasport harness, but it says "Customer Core Required to Build"...I don't have that kind of time :mellow:

it takes a week.......i did it last week ...... or spend hours doing all the other wiring.....264 shipped back to you.... also take off the suspension on the teg for the crx....

Originally posted by formby@Feb 1 2005, 06:03 PM
it takes a week.......i did it last week ...... or spend hours doing all the other wiring.....264 shipped back to you.... also take off the suspension on the teg for the crx....
[post=454675]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea I'm going to...

So no one has any other answers for me?

Does anyone have information about the resistor box for me, though? Do I even need one?

Originally posted by lax1185@Feb 10 2005, 01:47 PM
Does anyone have information about the resistor box for me, though? Do I even need one?
[post=459175]Quoted post[/post]​

if you are going OBD1, you don't need the resistor box - you are going to need mount kit, shift linkage and axles

resisitor box is only for obd 0 injectures which are called "peak and hold injectors" they use a resistor box to lower volatage so that the coils in the injectors dont burn out, the reason obd 1 injectors (which are called "saturated" injectors) dont need a resistor box, mainly is because the fuel is fed into the injector from the top which helps cool down the coils inside. and "resistor box injectors" feed fuel from the bottom and it doesnt cool the coils..... lol some dork payed attention in school last week!! :p

so yeah, if you are going to use the engine as obd 1, then no you dont need a resistor box.

i got a funny feeling, cause what year did integras convert to obd 1?? wasnt it 94?? i got a 92 integra GS and its obd 0. and the b17 came in 93 teggy's. so im not sure if tht was the year they changed to obd 1, i thought it was 94, but hey, im probably wrong so double check that!

Originally posted by DelSlo@Feb 11 2005, 06:25 PM
i got a funny feeling, cause what year did integras convert to obd 1?? wasnt it 94?? i got a 92 integra GS and its obd 0. and the b17 came in 93 teggy's. so im not sure if tht was the year they changed to obd 1, i thought it was 94, but hey, im probably wrong so double check that!
[post=459817]Quoted post[/post]​

i had the same thought, since the B18A1 90-93 are OBD0 - that is why i worded it "if you are going OBD1"

Wrong, all cars 92-95 are obd1 regardless of what the motor cast is. Obd0 is 88-91

I dont know if you guys even helped him out really... I did the swap. B17a into a 91 CRX DX. Got the HASPORT wiring harness. Then bought the OBD0->OBD1 jumper. PR3 OBD1 ecu to go along with it. NOW.. car wont run.. just turns over. I got all the digrams. Wired up the sub-harness. Double checked it all... Does anyone have any idea WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE!!!!! :wallbash:

Originally posted by DB2terp1298@Feb 13 2005, 07:01 PM
I dont know if you guys even helped him out really... I did the swap. B17a into a 91 CRX DX. Got the HASPORT wiring harness. Then bought the OBD0->OBD1 jumper. PR3 OBD1 ecu to go along with it. NOW.. car wont run.. just turns over. I got all the digrams. Wired up the sub-harness. Double checked it all... Does anyone have any idea WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE!!!!! :wallbash:
[post=460494]Quoted post[/post]​

Any codes? What distributor are you running? Who did the MPFI wiring?

no codes... just wont start. OBD1 distrib but all the wiring was done by HASPORT. Has the sub harness comin through the firewall. i think the problem is in the OBD0->OBD1 ECU jumper. it has its subharness also, but i dont think its wired up sensor for sensor like HASPORT does all their shit. This jumper is pretty much for the VTEC.... any ideas?

Originally posted by DB2terp1298@Feb 18 2005, 03:19 AM
no codes... just wont start. OBD1 distrib but all the wiring was done by HASPORT. Has the sub harness comin through the firewall. i think the problem is in the OBD0->OBD1 ECU jumper. it has its subharness also, but i dont think its wired up sensor for sensor like HASPORT does all their shit. This jumper is pretty much for the VTEC.... any ideas?
[post=462506]Quoted post[/post]​

ok so all teggys 91-93 are obd 1??? hmm. why do they have clear plugs then?? anyone else backup projects claim? this is weird!

and hey, start with the basics man, check spark and fuel and timing. you cant just say it wont start, whats the problem, if you have no clue how to do any of that, shouldnt have even walked into a swap! these things are almost expected

Back