B17vtec In A 96 Acura

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crashagain

Has Anyone Every Seen A Write Up On Swaping A B17 Obd1 Into A Obd11a Car...because The Block Is The Same From What I Understand But The Wiring Is To Lunch..need Info On Wiring.thanx:(

More of a PITA than it is worth. On top of the OBD conversion, you'll need to source a hydraulic transmission, or use the B18's that's already in the teg, between it the tegs long gears, and the B17A lack of umpf, performance would be less than stellar.

You might consider using the B17A's head on the LS block though.

No, but you can install fittings to run the lines for them, I think there's a couple companies that make kits to do LSVtecs.

Golden Eagle makes a nice kit, and you can find lots of others on eBay.

Even if you do this though, the transmission you currently have still won't be ideal for the motor setup. You'd probably want to look towards a GSR or B16 tranny, or, if you can get the B17's tranny with the motor, then you could do that and use a cable-to-hydro conversion.

Last edited:
I know you can get a kit for using a hydro tranny in a cable car but not sure of the other way around.

thanx for your input everyone , but i have decided to sell this complete engine and transmisson and go towards a b18 type r

Back