b18,16 or k20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicext

i just want to find out for people out there witch motor is better for a turbo build up or they about the same for power out put with a turbo???
i about to build a b16a motor with a gsr head on it for a nice size turbo... :blink: :ph34r:

Originally posted by civicext@Jan 28 2004, 08:10 PM
i about to build a b16a motor with a jsr head on it for a nice size turbo... :blink: :ph34r:

Hello, may i introduce you to my friend named Grammer

sad part is..."G" and "J" are not next to each other on the keyboard...:shrug2:

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Jan 28 2004, 09:58 PM-->
@Jan 28 2004, 08:10 PM
i about to build a b16a motor with a jsr head on it for a nice size turbo... :blink: :ph34r:

Hello, may i introduce you to my friend named Grammer

sad part is..."G" and "J" are not next to each other on the keyboard...:shrug2:

You mean grammAr, right? :lmao:

civicext-

Larger displacement blocks always have more potential to make more power, so more displacement is your friend. A VTEC head will also flow better than the non-VTEC head in stock form, so you might want to go with a straight GSR engine.

How much power do you want to make, and what kind of budget are you looking at? If it's anything like "oh, just $6k for everything" or even something up towards $8k, I would recommend just getting a B18B and building it up for a nice easy turbo system. You won't have to worry about tuning for VTEC, and you'll still have plenty of displacement to make awesome power. It's also your cheapest B series turbo route.

If you put a GSR head on a B16 block, you're only going to increase your static compression ratio... and you don't necessarily want to do that when you're boosting. If you already have the B16 engine, I would stick with the B16 head. You'll have lower static compression, which means you can run more boost safely- and it'll be easier to tune because you don't have to worry about a two stage intake manifold system.

well the block is a 2000 si block i got for $200 i could not pass that up.. but what got me going on this was what happend to me last yr with my car and ever seince then they told me to junk the motor i put in my car and go with the rsx motor. i been thanking about it all the time but if i do that it will set me back on motor build upwitch is no big deel.. but for the power i am looking for will it really be worth getting but i have yet to see one on the road that has a k20 motor in a 92 to 95 civic thats one reason i keep looking in to it
well i am talking with this guy in pa about building the b16 up for the power i am looking for out of it witch is about 600hp. a few things we had talked about is sleeving it, and a deck sleeve, stroker kit, 9.1.1 or 9.5-1 with the motor and a block girdle, blue prented, and balance...

the money is no big deal for this i just want it done write!!!

thanks, Calesta

You have to buy a mount kit for the K into the EG... are those even made yet? My vote is for the K series though... have fun... i-VTEC ownz

fuck a k-seires.

you're going to pay 6,000 for one, and another 2k trying to get it in.
and you're still N/a.

that, and theres no good kits or manifolds out for the k-series motor either.

do what calesta said-

Back